minor surgery

Tue May 07, 2013 6:46 am

good morning all from the deep south . i had some minor surgery last friday , a hernia next to my belly button about the size of a silver dolllar . it went well , they did not have to cut me open ( i'm not sure how to spell laproscophy?) . i'll be off till may 31st , one of the perks of state employement , i wont have to worry about losing my job . the best part is my surgeon was a wonderful women with finesse , the last doc was a bull in a china closet repairing my last hernia , ( i found out he is " no longer employed there " ) . the difference in recovery is amazing . hats off to the medical community , i dont think i could cut someone open ( unless it has antlers :lol: ) . coppersmythe...........................look out boss , the invasion soon begins .

Re: minor surgery

Tue May 07, 2013 7:07 am

Heal well. Enjoy the time off.

Tue May 07, 2013 7:32 am

Glad it's going well, Val.

Bill

Tue May 07, 2013 8:33 am

take care of yourself, and be careful, it is easy to get addicted to loafing around. Believe me, I know.

Tue May 07, 2013 10:50 am

Val:

Congrats on a successful procedure. I know what it is like to have a "bull in a china shop" do the cutting. In '05 when I had the Spontaneous Abdominal Infection -- the surgeon didn't believe that I would survive so he didn't exactly do a nice job. Since then me and my symbiot have learned to live together. It ain't easy. So, I am very glad that your latest surgeon was of "the school of best practices "and not the "just cut it/stitch it" variety.

Take your time and relax, don't exert too much you don't want that hernia to tear. You gots your sick leave -- and as John said -- it is gonna be hard to go back after being semi retired for almost a month :D Prayers for a speedy recovery are on the way (+)

Tue May 07, 2013 11:17 am

Man some folks will come up with any excuse to take off work! Haha I think I could learn a little from you Val! Seriously though I'm glad you took the time to get fixed. Don't mess up and do too much

Tue May 07, 2013 8:13 pm

Hope you heal real fast and well Only 3 weeks away you know :) :wink: When you get to feeling better I will call ya
Boss

Tue May 07, 2013 8:35 pm

Glad the procedure went well for you. Heal quickly. :D :d

Tue May 07, 2013 9:02 pm

Glad it went well Val......and lucky you on the woman doctor. Last surgery i had the Dr. looked like Ernest Borgnine.......not what you want to see heading off to sleepy land. :?