Well it took a year and a half.....

Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:58 pm

to finally land a job :{_}: Some of you will remember this post http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=39373 and the fact that it just never worked out. I finally took a part-time job at a small local grocery store to hold things together, and believe me it's been tough. But the good Lord knows much more than me and took me places I guess I needed to go and brought me out of the valley this past weekend. I recevied a call from a guy I used to work with about a job doing what I know best, satellite communications and associated systems. So as soon as I work out my 2 weeks notice I'll be running the Network Operations Center and Tech Support for Technicolor Network Services in Atlanta , weekend shifts and 2 nights a week. The pay is excellent and I'll have Wed.,Thurs.and most of Friday off. (Quality seat time)
Before this job came along I was wondering if Stonethrow would happen this fall but now I know I'll be able to get it all together for sure :!:
Many, Many, Many Thanks to all who offered support and prayers during the past year and half, they did not go un-noticed or appreciated. Many folks here sent me leads and they did not go un-worked, I checked on them all! Thank you. Some of you are still looking for work and my heart goes out to you, your in my prayers. Hang in there and keep working leads and networking and something will turn up.

Again Thank you all

Ron Whiting

Re: Well it took a year and a half.....

Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:20 pm

Ron, that is absolutely awesome news!! Congrats my friend. You just can't keep a good man down. :||):

But you know folks like me & Billy Ray (and the rest of the gang) would be there to help you make Stonethrow a reality.

Roy

Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:23 pm

Ron,

Great news! Good luck.

Bill

Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:24 pm

Great news Ron!

Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Ron, I am so glad to hear you have joined the ranks working in a field you know best. I just hope that grocery store can find someone as friendly as you to carry those bags out to the car for those little old ladies like you did. Most kids these days put the milk on top of the bread.

All kidding aside, Congrats my friend! See you at Stonethrow if not sooner.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:05 pm

Man, Ron, that is really great news! I am so glad things are turning around for you. And with kids all grown, that shift doesn't sound too bad. Like you said, it will allow lots of seat or shop time!

As for Stonethrow, the southern contingent was always here to help. Just tell us what's needed, you know we'll pull it together. You just offer up the shop, and let us all pitch in on the rest!

Best of luck with the new job! :{_}: :{_}:

Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:06 pm

That's great news Ron. It sure doesn't seem like its been that long, but I'm sure it seems like an eternity to you.

Bob

Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:31 am

Congrats Ron!!!
I know we talked about this the past weekend, but wanted to repeat the sentiments of Rick. If you need some help getting some stuff together before the big weekend, please don't hestitate to let us know.
October is right around the corner, can't wait!!!

Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:46 am

Great news, Ron. Ed

Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:09 am

A BIG Congrats!! May this job last as long as YOU want it to!! :-:-):

Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:30 am

THats excellent news Ron !!!

Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:15 am

FANTASTIC :D :D

Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:39 am

CONGRATS!!!!! GLAD TO HEAR!!! I was off 4 months and that drove me crazy!!!! Glad you are staying in your field!! You are out there haha!!Kevin :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:27 pm

Congratulations, Ron, Glad everything seems to be coming together. :D :D

Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:42 pm

Excellent news Ron. Life just got a liottle easier. :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: