Glad to see last week end

Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:59 pm

Last week was just a all around bad week. Tuesday evening a good friend of mines son was broadsided and flipped over. He is fine and the truck is a total. My friend and his wife were on a trip, so guess who got the call and spent a few hours at the hospital, no big deal as I said he is fine. So the next night at 10:30 or so my phone rings its that call no parent wants to get starting with there has been a accident. My 27 yo son is fine he was driving home and was involved in a head on collision. We were told he was being taken to a trauma center about 20 miles from here. After a tense ride there and time in the ER waiting room we were given the good news that he was fine. The 2 people in the other car were checked at the local hospital and released. The accident remains under investigation it appears my son may have drifted across the center of the road. He was driving a jeep wrangler and the other folks a Toyota Camery. Thank god for air-bags and seat belts, both vehicles are totals but all parties involved are fine. We later found out that the driver of the other car was member of a local family that we know very well. I am so looking forward to a short break at the Va. cubfest this week. Remember wear your seatbelts, they do work.

Re: Glad to see last week end

Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:03 pm

Joe, I'm glad noone was seriously injured. Those can be anxious moments waiting to find out what the situation is.

Bob

Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:18 pm

Joe,

I'm glad that all involved are fine.

Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:46 pm

It's good th hear everbody made it through these ordeals. Metal can be replaced.

When my daughter had her accident several years ago the deputy on the scene sensed that I was a little upset with her. He looked at me and said "Remember when you get home tonight that your daughter came home with you instead of something worse". It sure put things in prospective.

Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:17 pm

Joe, sorry you had to go through all of that but happy everyone is OK. :D Hope they keep wearing those seat belts.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:17 am

WHen it rain it pours. But they say God wont give you more than what you can handle at any one time. So he knew you could handle it. I am glad all is well. John PS Some days it seems like he keeps on giving doesnt it?

Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:35 am

Joe:

Glad all are okay and no one was seriously injured. Vehicles are replaceable.. family members and friends are not. And you are right, no parent wants them calls at any time of the day or night :!: Enjoy the Fest, sounds like you need it.. :roll: :!:

Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:45 am

Wow Joe. Good to hear seat belts save lives, but not good that they were needed.

Enjoy your vacation to VA. (you taking a truck by any chance??) Tell the folks down there we say 'hey' from up north.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:43 am

Joe - you have earned a well-deserved break!

Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:49 am

Glad everyone is OK.
Be Safe.