Re: Prayers needed for my Mom

Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:15 am

Bill, both your Mom and the rest of the family have our prayers.
John

Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:32 pm

Thank you all for your prayers. I can't thank you enough. Mom is doing OK. Her fever is down some now. They still have not found a cause for her fever, and she does have four enlarged lymph nodes in her chest. They do not know if a virus or infection is causing the enlargement, or if a lymphoma is causing the enlargement and fever. If her fever stays down they may release her tomorrow and see her in a month to rescan for another look at the nodes. If her fever is gone for 24hours, they believe that the problem has been viral. They are also giving her some stout antibiotics in case it is bacterial, like Lyme's disease.

But the important thing right now is that she feels better. God bless all of you, thanks for your prayers.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:38 pm

So glad everyones prayers worked. I am very thankful she is doing better and hope she does get to go home tomorrow.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:56 pm

Prayers are on the way from the Ozarks from Annie and I for your mom and family.

Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Thanks again guys and girls. Mom came home today, her fever has subsided for now anyways. She goes back in a week or so to follow up on the lymph nodes and see if they are still enlarged. If they are they will biopsy one to see what we are dealing with. If they are normal, then we will know it was viral/bacterial. I appreciate all of you.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:48 am

Be strong and hope for the best!!!

Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:57 am

I hope and pray for the best.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:16 pm

Bill

My prayers and best wishes are going out to your Mom and Family.

Billy

Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:23 pm

Sent --

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:28 pm

Thank you all for the prayers! Mom went for a follow up visit today, Dr. told her that she had Rocky Mountain Spotted Tick Fever. Never saw that one coming...

She also has advanced cirrhosis of the liver, she has never been a drinker, don't know where that came from either. They (and we) are pretty concerned about her liver now. She goes over the next couple of weeks for other tests on her liver to determine the best course of treatment, if any.

God bless all of you who have prayed for my Mom, I do have to ask for another round.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:28 am

Your Mom, you and your family are in our prayers.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:16 am

Done

Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:08 pm

Done here also. Grump

Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:14 pm

Once again, I appreciate all of the prayers! Prayer does work.

Mom got a good report on her liver function today, she has normal blood flow into and out of her liver. That is a very good thing for someone who has the degree of liver damage that she has.

Still a bumpy road ahead, but things look good as of right now. May God bless all of you too.

Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:55 am

Great news Bill!