This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rudi's Daughter

Prayer Requests, Family Announcements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc.
jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64784
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Rudi's Daughter

Postby jim turner » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:13 pm

Our prayers were answered as Rudi's Daughters are both improving Thanks to the Lord
Jim Turner

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

troopfpc
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07461
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub, 1951 Cub, 198? JD 500C, 1954 Oliver OC3

Postby troopfpc » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:10 pm

Here's to good health and happiness.
I know a little about everything and alot about nothing....

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:33 pm

All:

Kristina, Em and I just want to say thank you for all the prayers offered up for Kristina's respiratory problems. I guess I should recap a bit.. about 2 weeks ago Kristina began having respiratory distress after being exposed to a bunch of odiferous concoctions people like to wear. As an athsmatic, she does not handle strong odours as in perfumes, cleaners etc., and it can becomme quite dibilitating. She got worse over a couple of days, and she had to go to the ER. They told her to continue using her puffers and that should help. Well 5-6 days go by, no improvement, but getting worse. So I take her to the ER. X-Ray, Blood tests all negative... leave hospital after 7 hours and get home really late. Have to be in the ER again 4 hours later for a CAT scan. That proves negative as well. Meanwhile she is getting worse, her bronchial are getting more congested and close to failure.

Tuesday evening we are watching the news on CTV. There is a report on a study done in the US on Vick's Vapo-Rub and young children and infants. It seems that Vicks Vapo-Rub, a time honoured home rememdy for bronchitis and other respiratory problems of a non serious nature actually can cause severe respiratory distress and possibly failure in young children and more likely in infants when used topically on the chest, upper thoracic cavity. (exactly where it is supposed to be used) Under the nose makes it worse.

Kristina ws using Vick's. Her respriratory system was congested and nearing failure due to the constriction that we surmised was caused by the Vicks she had been using for almost 2 weeks. She was taken off .. and has since started to recover from the congestion.

As an aside, Abbigail has also been having problems with her respiratory system and Amanda was using Vicks in a vaporizer.. another time honoured remedy. Took Abby off of theat and she is also improving somewhat... I guess they are both sensitive to the Eucalyptus and Cedar oils and the mentholatum that are prime ingredients in Vick's

Whodathunkit :?: :?: :?:

Again, we thank you for all of your prayers and wishes.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bermuda Ken
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53536
Tractors Owned: Tractors owned past/present:

Farmall.....F-1206, F-806 sn#501.

Cub Cadet...Original(s), 122, Spirit of 76, 1200, 1250, 1450, 782, 782 Diesel (2), 984, 982, CADET 000 LT Prototype.

Postby Bermuda Ken » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:51 am

Good to hear the progress report. Who would have guessed the "thing" that is supposed to help you actually hurts you. :(
Cub Cadets....Engineered for people who know better!

Lance Leitzel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45011
Tractors Owned: 1960 Loboy
1974 154 Loboy
1968 72 Cub Cadet

Postby Lance Leitzel » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:54 am

I am so glad that you saw that news story, I pray for their continued return to health. Lance
Ego diligo meus tracti.
(I love my tractors)

Return to “Sharing with Friends and Family”