Update On John Puckett

Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:43 pm

I talked to John this afternoon about 5:30. His surgery this morning went well and he is expected to be released tomorrow around 12:00 noon. The doctors already had him up and walking and eating. Other than being sore and some throat discomfort due to the tube, he is doing fine. He asked me to tell all of you THANKS for the prayers and that he would see us soon.

Re: Update On John Puckett

Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:44 pm

Great news! Thanks Bud!

Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:57 pm

Great news!!! Thanks for that update, Bud!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:00 pm

Yes!!! Great news!

Bill

Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:37 pm

Good news Bud!.........

Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:30 pm

CB:

Thanks for the great news on EJ's surgery. This really is great to hear.... We shall keep EJ in our prayers as always.

(+)

Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:02 pm

Made it home about noon today. thanks to the skill of the surgical staff and the prayers of my friends, all went well with no surprises. I have 3 small incisions, one of which required some mesh on the inside for repair. I have to ear a binder (looks like a corset without the stays to me) for the next 4 weeks, and am awfully sore. It is a real challenge to get out of bed, and that combined with the arthritis acting up in my back is making things uncomfortable at times. I have also developed some serious sinus drainage, and coughing or sneezing is very trying. :censored: Presumably, this like all things will pass, and I will soon be back to my sweet self

Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:10 pm

Great news, John. Glad to hear things went well with the procedure. :D

Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:14 pm

Good to hear from you John, get all the rest you can wish you a speedy recovery

Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:14 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:I will soon be back to my sweet self

We can all hope for a miracle John! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:38 pm

John, glad to hear all went well. Rest and follow your doctor's instructions. :D :D

Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:27 pm

EJ:

Glad to hear you are home, a mite sore, but home. Listen to your docs ok... we both know what these hernia's are like, and if you want that mesh to make a difference, be 100% compliant.. otherwise :oops: you will end up like me and have a symbiot in yer belly.. :big say what:

Yup.. I gots me a symbiot.. :Big not impressed:

Everytime I get up it pops up.. :big give up: great big herniated lump that feels like it will split open like a melon.. :big angry: unfortunately, :big shy: I am not a surgical candidate to cure this at all. :big crying:

I am really glad they were able to help you.. :applause: so be well, recover quickly, do what they tell ya.. ok.. :?: :!: :D

prayers are with you... daily (+)

Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:23 am

John
Glad to hear you are back home. As Rudi said do as the Doc's tell you. I just got back from seeing my brother and he is doing well too. He's still moving slow (2 weeks later) but he's determined to do as his Doc ask. I guess I'll just have to stay after you both :D Oh and by the way the surgery din't make him any sweeter or look any better, maybe it just takes a bit longer to take effect.......we can always hope Bigdog :)

Take care
Ron

Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:17 am

good news john get well soon !!

Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:23 pm

Bigdog wrote:
John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:I will soon be back to my sweet self

We can all hope for a miracle John! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now i am thinking that is asking too much of the medical team. Glad you are donig well John. My only concern was for the nursing staff...... :lol: