This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

We Need a Little More Help

Prayer Requests, Family Announcements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc.
beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Re: We Need a Little More Help

Postby beaconlight » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:46 pm

God bless and help her. God bless thdoctors and nurses helping her that they may determine the cause and cure it.
Bill & Beverly Sorensen

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Kodiak » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:37 pm

Our Prayers for Abby and her Family.

Ron & Paula
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:47 pm

An Abbigail Update:

Abby is going to be in hospital for a while longer, the pediatrician has decided that Prevacid is to be started tonight.. ( apparently she has had Acid Reflux from day one - and it is pretty serious in such a tiny one), so Em has given her the first one. Mandy will learn how to administer it to Abby from Em tomorrow. She went home for a couple hours to get refreshed, so Em and Kristina will be there for a few more hours. Been a long day, they were at the hospital at 10am this morning.

Also, tomorrow she is scheduled for an EEG which she apparently may require sedation for.. hmmm... I am not sure I like that. But I pray that they know what is best. They are looking for any indications of Epilepsy.. and I am praying to God that it comes back negative. Along with everything else she doesn't need that too.

That is all I know for now. She still has to sleep in a sitting position (I do know about that as I have had Hiatus Hernias, Reflux and Ulcers for almost 45 years.. on going... and when it gets bad, you have to sleep sitting up or slightly reclined but your throat must be above your heart at all times), and reflux in a child this young has got to be really painful.

Hopefully we will know more a bit later on.

Thanks to each of you for your prayers and wishes, they are felt and appreciated, and I am sure Abby feels them as well. I will try to answer emails as soon as I can. Right now, I am sooooo exhausted, I need to hit the rack.

Peace to you all in His name (+)
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Lance Leitzel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45011
Tractors Owned: 1960 Loboy
1974 154 Loboy
1968 72 Cub Cadet

Postby Lance Leitzel » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:45 am

Rudi may peace be upon you and your family in this time of need. My nephew also suffers from some of the same challenges, but has made great progress once they identified the causes (in his case severe food allergies). I hope and pray that they find a solution to Abbigail's challenges as well. Lance
Ego diligo meus tracti.
(I love my tractors)

Corky's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30607
Tractors Owned: Just One:
1957 Farmall Cub
"Corky"s Cub"

Postby Corky's Cub » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:10 pm

Hey Rudi,

I missed this earlier, and apologize....belated prayers on the way from Georgia!

Both my favorite little guys are on Prevacid...seems that ole Pops gave them the genetics for GERD! The good news is that many of the symptoms that your little Abbie has been suffering could be made worse by GERD, (Gastro Esophigeal Reflux Disorder), and the medications work very well at managing the reflux.

Remind yourself (and Abbie's parents) daily that God has special plans for your little angel....and she is being prepared for that journey by everything she endures. She will be strong...and so will you.

Hang in there and smile...God, Abbigail, her doctor, and her family, all need your encouragement! :thumbsup:

Corky
I found this old Cub, Forgotten and Forlorn,
With pistons and valves frozen and worn.
Help from my buddies on Farmallcub.com,
And an engine from Ralph, (37’s the one),
Now ole Corky is running and back to life,
Much to the surprise of my dear, dear wife!

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:15 am

I apoligize for not seeing this early. Ofcourse you and yours have my familys prayers, and please continue to keep us updated as to her progress and diagnosis. And take care of yourself , Em, and your daughter as wearing yourself's down will do no good for the little one. I remember when Alex my 13 year was lifeflighted to a childrens hosptal not able to breathe. Boy was i scared 3 days intensive care. 2 days regular care. Wife and i did rotating shifts, to be fresh for him, as he was only 6 months old. It was said seeing all the babies there without their parents there beside them.

Take care my friend

John

Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070

Postby Bill E Bob » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:37 pm

Prayers for little Abigail and to all her extended family from a computer illiterate and his lovely wife.

Bill & Lynda

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines

Postby Jeff Silvey » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:13 am

Prayers are on the way Sorry to hear about the illness
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:40 pm

I am really thankful for Dennis creating this forum and its more than apt title Sharing with Friends and Family. Nowhere else aside from our home, do I or even Em feel as comfortable as we do here. Em doesn't post much lately, way too busy.. she is being run ragged. She hasn't posted much since her hand surgery.. But she gets to read many of the threads here, via me and the laptop upstairs. The friends we both have made here have been such a help, a God send. Funny how things work. I have a very hard time discussing much of what I feel with neighbours and even some of our family, yet here I have no such reservations at all.

In fact, having this forum is proving to be cathartic for me and it is helping me cope even though my insides are coming apart.

Em and I along with our other children are worried, really worried. Abbigail stopped breathing again last night, 3 times, the nurses and the on-call pediatrician are very concerned, this is getting very disturbing. The laryngo-tracheal-malasia is getting worse, and it is not being helped by what they most likely diagnosed as Pediatric GERD. The reflux is making the rest of the stuff even more complicated, we still do not know if the Prevacid is efficacious or not. Abby stops breathing at least once per sleep period, and occasionally during the day. The suddenly loses consciousness and cannot be awoken immediately. EEG was done yesterday, but it has to be read by a team of neuropaths.. more than one opinion on the scan is required it seems (I like that.. not sure about the time, but I can live with it).

They are going to try a stop gap to see if it will help. They are going to try to mix a bit of pablum with her formula to increase the density of the formula and try to get it to stay down in the stomach instead of literally floating on the stomach acid and only getting halfway into her digestive process. However, if she does not respond within 24 hours, it seems orders are already in place to have her most likely life-flighted in our Maritime Air Ambulance Beech King Air to the IWK in Halifax. Surgery is most likely contemplated.

So needless to say I am on pins and needles. It is raining, I can't work outside to split wood until it stops, which may be a while yet, so I am going nutz... I am just glad that I am able to access this perfect forum to just express my feelings, fears and concerns so I can cope. I wish to thank all of my friends here at FC.com for being there, putting up with me and being there for my family...... you all are greatly appreciated.

Peace (+)
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:46 pm

Rudi,

Rest assured that we are all still thinking about you and all of your family, and hoping for the best outcome possible.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Jim Roy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Roy » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:03 pm

May God bless and give you and faimly strength.
sent you a PM
Jim
My wife has a long honey do list, I read it, thank about it, than take a nap to see if it goes away.
49 Cub

Corky's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30607
Tractors Owned: Just One:
1957 Farmall Cub
"Corky"s Cub"

Postby Corky's Cub » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:04 pm

Peace of the Lord be with you and your family Rudi....keep telling yourself she will be fine and pull through this very scary time.

We're with you.....

Charles
I found this old Cub, Forgotten and Forlorn,
With pistons and valves frozen and worn.
Help from my buddies on Farmallcub.com,
And an engine from Ralph, (37’s the one),
Now ole Corky is running and back to life,
Much to the surprise of my dear, dear wife!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:07 pm

Rudi - I know these are terribly troubling and scarey for you all. You and your family - especially little Abby are in our daily thoughts and prayers. You are not travelling alone my friend.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rianna
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36748

Postby Rianna » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:52 pm

Please know that our prayers are with Abby, your family, and with the doctors also.

Return to “Sharing with Friends and Family”