This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

One more prayer request

Prayer Requests, Family Announcements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc.
John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby John(videodoc) » Thu May 03, 2007 7:52 am

Done, know the feeling!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

lildog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45601
Skype Name: JohnRRatliff

Postby lildog » Thu May 03, 2007 10:22 am

Thanks, everyone, for your kind thoughts, your warm wishes and, of course, your prayers. Harry made his journey to the rainbow bridge at 7:45 this morning and I was there to see him off. I was glad I was able to see him in peace, though it certainly wasn't easy.

He had a particularly rough night, waking me about every half hour to move him, as he had finally lost all the strength in his legs. I was very glad we were as on top of this as we were so we could end his suffering quickly.

He was a brave trooper. He somehow mustered the strength to walk himself from the car to the Vet's office. And, as he lay there on the table and the sedative started to take effect, I swear I saw gratitude in his eyes. He went quickly and peacefully, which tells me he was ready.

Mikey took the news fairly well. upon telling him that Harry was going away and would not be coming back - just as our last dog, Judy, did, his response was 'well, we'll have to get another one." And, Odie seems a little clingier than usual, but that's to be expected. But otherwise, I think we've all come to terms with losing him. Again, thanks for the well-wishes.
John "lildog" Ratliff: Facebook | Twitter

Return to “Sharing with Friends and Family”