This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Exercing During the Pandemic!

Prayer Requests, Family Announcements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc.
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Exercing During the Pandemic!

Postby Barnyard » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:56 pm

Meanwhile, I am still doing crunches twice a day. In fact I just finished my second Nestle's for this evening a few minutes ago.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .

Postby coppersmythe » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:15 am

tinnerjohn wrote:Coppersmythe, I am surprised anyone would suggest that an Irishman (or us of that ancestry) would embellish a story! (My wife accuses me of it though). John
:lol: , my wife of 42 years is a descendant of the irish on both sides of her family , one side that has been traced back into 1600 . :wink: :surrender: coppersmythe..........PS: My days are quite the tightrope walk , but lively :!: :!:

Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070

Postby Bill E Bob » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:40 am

Alas :( I am all TOO familiar with aforementioned Kitchens and Utility rooms :wink:

Donegal Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donegal Cub » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:14 pm

tinnerjohn wrote:Coppersmythe, I am surprised anyone would suggest that an Irishman (or us of that ancestry) would embellish a story! (My wife accuses me of it though). John

Well I am surprised that anyone should even hint that I would even think of embellishing an already good & true story. :big smile: To be honest (and I always am) :roll: I typed out a true and accurate account and recollection of my travels, to further emphasise that no untruths were told (embellishment) is a fancy word for lies :shock: I under pain of death cannot tell a lie when I'm sitting down :) :lol: It's as true as I'm sitting here :-:-): I typed the whole story of the two expeditions sitting here at the hitherto unknown and unexplored kitchen table. I have no literary ambitions in the least, because I'm a modest person :roll: and I have a lot to be modest about :lol: :lol: However if the more learned scribes that I see fit to award me the Nobel Prize for literature then I shall accept it with all the humility that I can muster :worthy: :worthy: await the plaudits to rool in :hattip:
Stay safe everyone and if by any chance any of you may take it upon yourselves to embark on similar voyages of discovery, Please take note of the inherent dangers involved :tractor: :hattip:

Donegal Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donegal Cub » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:35 pm

Barnyard wrote:Meanwhile, I am still doing crunches twice a day. In fact I just finished my second Nestle's for this evening a few minutes ago.

Wow :D You are enjoying your exercising Bill :lol: Would you ever think about upping the amount of exercise that you are doing, as you become more efficient at doing it :lol: And there perhaps is the beginning of another story :hattip: I when a younger man used to run, marathons etc, must now come to the conclusion that your method of exercising is much more fun & much more enjoyable :hattip:
Stay Safe

Donegal Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donegal Cub » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:41 pm

Bill E Bob wrote:Alas :( I am all TOO familiar with aforementioned Kitchens and Utility rooms :wink:

Now if I had known that you Bill E Bob was familiar with both territories I would have drawn on your expertise & perhaps saved myself the attack upon my person :oops: :lol:
Stay Safe

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:05 pm

Donegal Cub wrote:
Barnyard wrote:Meanwhile, I am still doing crunches twice a day. In fact I just finished my second Nestle's for this evening a few minutes ago.

Wow :D You are enjoying your exercising Bill :lol: Would you ever think about upping the amount of exercise that you are doing, as you become more efficient at doing it :lol: And there perhaps is the beginning of another story :hattip: I when a younger man used to run, marathons etc, must now come to the conclusion that your method of exercising is much more fun & much more enjoyable :hattip:
Stay Safe

And I had my Cap'n Crunch this morning.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Slim140
5+ Years
5+ Years
Tractors Owned: .
1970 International 140
1972 International 140
1949 John Deere A
1993 Ford 4630 W/Loader
1965 John Deere 110
1961 Cub Cadet Original

Postby Slim140 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:08 pm

My son ask me lastnight why I sometimes sit to pee. I said cause I don’t trust poot that is on deck. When you get older you’ll understand.
Every home is a school, what are you teaching?

Circle of Safety

Donegal Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donegal Cub » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:22 pm

Barnyard wrote:
Donegal Cub wrote:

Stay Safe

And I had my Cap'n Crunch this morning.

Got to admit I'm jealous, exercising three times a day & enjoying it 8) 8)

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:32 pm

Bernard, With the stay at home order in place, I can't go to the fitness center to exercise. I don't have a weight set at home and looked for an alternative. I started with two 10 lb. potato sacks to do curls, etc. Once I got the reps up I switched to 25 lb potato sacks. I think after another week or two, I can switch back down to the 10 lb sacks and put a few potatoes in each one.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower

Postby Dale Finch » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:52 am

:lol:
Now THAT'S the kind of exercise routine I'm looking for!!
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

Donegal Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donegal Cub » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:45 am

Bob McCarty wrote:Bernard, With the stay at home order in place, I can't go to the fitness center to exercise. I don't have a weight set at home and looked for an alternative. I started with two 10 lb. potato sacks to do curls, etc. Once I got the reps up I switched to 25 lb potato sacks. I think after another week or two, I can switch back down to the 10 lb sacks and put a few potatoes in each one.

You’ll end up with muscles like Popeye :lol: and Olive Oyle will be running after you :{_}: Sure Bob I was reared on potatoes & porridge & not forgetting the cabbage and turnips :worthy:
Stay Safe

Return to “Sharing with Friends and Family”