This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Crime, Punishment and Scum of the Earth.

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Crime, Punishment and Scum of the Earth.

Postby Patbretagne » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:32 am

You may remember recently on this board an article on Katrina.

I spoke of a young man who was to be judged on a canabis dealing case that I was interested in, well it was judged yesterday and your Mid Finistère Reporter was there in court.

Admitting to the facts, having bought and sold 42kg of resin, shit to the knowlegable and the word used by the judge, he got two and a half years of prison, six months inside and the rest on parole. As he has already done 8 months preventative inside, he does not have to go back inside unless he gets another prison sentance for anything else.

The customs, revenue collectors in fact, asked for 100,000 €uros fine but got 65,000 to be shared between our young man and the person who was driving the car.

So he doesn't go to prison but risks 2.5 years and he has personally to pay 57,000 €uros or $ 72,400. He is 25 and has a job, will be asked to pay at something like 50€ per month, so he could be paying for 1140 months or for 95 years, perhaps even his children will be paying his fine after his death. He could pay 100€ per month to halve that time to 47.5 years. I know I wont be around to see the last payment.

The next case in the court looked at in respect to the sentance handed down seems somewhat banal, I'll explain if you've got a moment.

A young man in February this year was in a parking space nose in and he was ready to back out, he said he vaguely looked over his shoulder to see if there was any traffic, cars etc coming from the right and rushed out of the space, he had not however looked in his mirrors and he ran over an old mother of 82. Realising what he had done, he ran back over her and dissapeared. A little time later he came back to see the result of his driving skills to see the woman on the ground. He didn't get out of his car.
When asked by the judge how was she, he said she seemed calm and as there was no blood he went off home.
Someone did see him come back and look at her and reported it to the gendarmes, she meanwhile was taken to hospital with a broken femur, 2 broken arms, ribs head and a caollapsed rib cage among her minor personal injuries.
She herself gave a very lucid statement to the police and promptly died of her brush with our driver of 26 years.
Gendarmes went to interview him and he denied everything. during the three months that followed, another witness came up and he had noted the number of the car going away from the scene. In May he was again interviewed by the police at which time he admitted having reversed over something and returned leaving her as described.

Sentance for this young killer who would never have admitted his crime if he hadn't have been caught by the observance of another witness; who drove over a 82 year old woman and left her for dead. What did he get?

8 months with parole so he doesn't have to go inside and 2500 €uros fine.

So remember dear readers, if you find yourself in France and you are going to commit a crime, it is better to kill someone in cold blood with your car and ignore the fact and leave them for dead for 3 months than to deal in cannabis, a drug widely used in medicine.

Signing off from the asizes in Quimper South Finistere,
Pat.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jackman » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:33 am

Its the same over here, we currently have a 5 time drunk driver who is faceing a possible life sentence and so far he has not killed or hurt anyone but they say its just a matter of time before that happens( I hope he gets some hard time but a life sentance is a bit much).....
We had a woman kill her husband stabbed him 52 times, rolled him out the car door and left him on the highway, her sentance was weekends in jail for 6 years a short time later she hit lotto for 3.5 millon........

tow truck driver over 25 years ago was sentenace to life for selling cocaine to under cover cops, I wonder if he is still in......

another one 25 or more years ago local cop is shot dead while drive down road on patrol seems this guy just decided to kill a cop his sentence was life however about 4 years ago he was released, oh yea the cop is still dead.....

heres one you may have heard a husband kills his wife and escapes to France, the French goverment knows where he is yet will not send him to the U.S. because there is a death sentence here,,,,, I think in the end many many years later he did get sent back .......

There is lots of unfairness around

RedNed
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RedNed » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:47 am

Ahh, :shock: What ever happened to "Off with his head?"
1960 f-cub,IH Cub Cadet model 76, 125,
1957 IH350u

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby John(videodoc) » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:42 am

the justice system is funny isnt it. i work parrallel with the court systems. dealing maininly with drug addicts alcoholics, after sentencing and their return to the community. (terre haute, ind).

Our claim to fame is a day care provider killed a baby in her charge (knowing, not accidently) proved and admitted to it court, got 5 yrs probation, on the same day, a pedifile, got 6 months(time served), and couple yrs probation. later that day a methamphetamine dealer got 25 years. (1st offence but was a big fish). dont seem right.

when i moved from iowa to here, iowa has just passed a law that 3rd offence for meth was like a 99 yr sentence, and they built like 5 new prisions in 5 yrs to wharehouse these people.

Return to “Off Topic”