This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

being retired

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:39 am

Funny thing. The closest Walmart is about 30 miles distance. Walmart is building another about 13 miles closer. I have been seriously thinking about applying for a job as a greeter. I'm sure I'm over qualified.

Heck. I once applied for a Christmas part time job with UPS. There were 3 job openings and only I and another person applied. I didn't get the job.

I only wear my *-?-!* Cub Owner cap to church and on formal occasions.

Eugene

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:00 pm

In Missouri you’re considered dressed up wearing John’s hat to Church. I know!!! :P

Jack Fowler

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:43 pm

Jack Fowler wrote:In Missouri you’re considered dressed up wearing John’s hat to Church. I know!!! :P

Jack Fowler

Yup, a little deodorant, my Cub hat and matching Cub t-shirt and I'm ready for any occasion, formal or otherwise. The Cub t-shirt is getting a bit thin. Wife has patched the holes a few times, but it's almost as good a new.

Eugene

jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64784

Postby jim turner » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:57 pm

ME TOO and we might be a red neck
Jim Turner

jakeesspoo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44847

Postby jakeesspoo » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:13 pm

I cant wait to retire :!: Ive only got about 24 years left assuming that I will be able to retire with 30 and out. But the way the economy and social security is looking Ill be working till I die. We have a guy at the plant that got his 50 year award and that was a couple years ago and he still works there :!:

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:32 am

Jake Wilken said:
I can’t wait to retire.

Me too, Jake, But I have a ways to go like you.

I keep thinking of what George Willer wrote a few weeks ago. If someday you could go to a tractor show that George is attending and have a visit with him like I had the privilege to do with George and his cousin a few years back, you will be “astounded” of his accomplishments and knowledge.

My Father is much like George, very successful, because he vowed years back to do NOTHING he didn't want to do also.

My Father is 81 years old, supposedly retired, spending the winter in Arizona helping a friend refurbish a house and doing nothing but he wants to do.

If you would like to read what George wrote it’s all combined here;

George said:

Retirement is a state of mind, more than a physical fact. Some of us were privileged to retire early. In my case it was at age 38. It has nothing to do with activity or income, but is more an attitude. I retired when I saw my fine 7 year old home and all my earthly possessions go up in smoke on a cold January day and realized that that was what I was working for. My family was unharmed and I realized what was really important.

So... I retired then and there. From then on, I vowed to do NOTHING I didn't want to do. Everything I WANTED to do I did as well as I could and was successful.

I hope I can inspire more young people to retire.

Jackman wrote:
George Willer,

Do I understand you correctly, you retired at 38?

That is what I said, but I had already been self employed for a few years. I drew my last pay check for hourly work at age 25.

My definition of retirement is when you begin to do only those things you WANT to do. That can apply to most of us... especially those of us willing souls who have never had a paid vacation, overtime pay, sick pay, or pension of any kind. Those "perks" can make people into slaves who become willing to do what they don't want to do. I was 38 when I finally realized it and changed my philosophy.

Return to “Off Topic”