This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

windy day

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

windy day

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu May 18, 2017 10:00 pm

I was helping a neighbor build a fence along a pretty open area, and was just standing waiting for him to get back with more wire ties.Wind was coming from behind me and I hadn't realized I was leaning into it until it suddenly stopped, and I almost went flat on my back right there in the field. :oops: According to my weather station it was blowing 21mph about that time
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: windy day

Postby T-Mo » Fri May 19, 2017 7:11 am

It was pretty windy Wednesday at my house just east of you. I was at work yesterday, Thursday, and it was a little breezy, but not quite like it was Wednesday evening.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sat May 20, 2017 2:46 pm

Yup, windy. Took down a number trees and power lines in the area.

Huge tree fell into the street about a 1/2 block NW of the house, electric service entrance pulled from the house, damaged a sheriff dept. vehicle.

We were without electricity from around 2 or 4 AM until almost 7 PM.

Picked generator set up from the acreage at noon because several electric company crews showed up at the downed tree, along with elec company contractors, city crew. They just looked at the tree, moved on. Ran the generator set for 5 or 6 hours.
I have an excuse. CRS.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat May 20, 2017 9:23 pm

Heading home from MidMo, going south on 63 I saw quite a bit of tree damage here and there, plus one new building in the Freeburg area that the steelr skeleton was all blown over and twisted
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rabbit Holler Flash
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Rabbit Holler Flash » Mon May 22, 2017 1:01 pm

That's funny cause I've seen John fall before. Lol I thought it was a start of one of Johns stories.

Return to “Off Topic”