This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Jagerschnitzel

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Jagerschnitzel

Postby Eugene » Mon May 15, 2017 6:04 pm

Getting things lined up for making tomorrows lunch, jagerschnitzel. Basically a pork tenderloin smothered in mushroom gravy.

Mother in-law visited when we were stationed in Germany. Took a road trip along the Rhine river viewing the castles and scenery. Stopped for lunch. Mother in-law said that she wanted a tenderloin, pork dish popular in the Midwest. Only thing on the menu that came close to a tenderloin was the jagerschnitzel. Lunch arrived at the table. Mother in-law looked discussed. Promptly scraped the mushroom sauce and gravy from the tenderloin.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Jagerschnitzel

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon May 15, 2017 7:00 pm

maybe it was NOT the jagersnitzel she was disgusted with. :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Ken (48 Cub)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40023
Tractors Owned: 1948 FCub
1957 LoBoy

Postby Ken (48 Cub) » Tue May 16, 2017 8:25 am

Love the stuff with spaetzle and fried potatoes.
Ken, Annie the '48.

I think we gotter if'n she don't jump, Andy Griffith.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue May 16, 2017 6:48 pm

The jagerschnitzel was delicious. Wife asked me around 10 AM when I was going to start cooking the schnitzel. Told her I was thinking around 10:30 AM. 10:30 AM arrived, wife was already starting the schnitzel.

Wife's two favorite dishes are mushrooms and anything with mushrooms.

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:maybe it was NOT the jagersnitzel she was disgusted with. :lol:
Yup. Could have been me. I have some mother in-law stories acquired during her 2 visits to Germany and 1 in Panama. It's difficult to explain to 80 year olds that the rest of the world is not the same as eastern Iowa.

Haven't told the story of me driving to Luxembourg international airport 5 days in a row to meet my in-laws plane. In-laws went to Ireland to visit relatives. Sent me a letter from Ireland saying they would arrive 5 days after the planned date and flight number. Letter sent through the Amy Post Office (APO New York) arrived several days after the in-laws returned to the USA. In-laws had my German home phone and German postal address.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Off Topic”