This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rita Price Gouging??

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Rita Price Gouging??

Postby Donny M » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:03 pm

Driving through Crockett, Texas this morning, I stopped at a used tractor dealer where I've seen Cubs parked before. I got out of the truck and started looking around and found a bunch of Cub stuff, implements, wheel weights, and various other parts. In the back, up against the fence were more than 7 Cubs in various stages of being parted out.
Eventually, after looking for more than 30 minutes I walked into the store front. I told the fella that I was looking for a Cub shifter. He told me that he didn't have any. I reminded him that some of the Cubs up against the fence had shifters. He said "oh yeah, ok $150. :shock: :shock: I told him I wanted the shifter not the whole transmission. He went on to tell me just how expensive and hard to find Cub parts are. :? As I walked out the door I said to him "you won't have any trouble finding Cub parts since you won't sell the ones you have, good day sir".

What's too bad about this is; I would have bought plenty of stuff from this fella, now I'll just drive by and wave :lol:
8)

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:45 pm

Donny, you reminded me of when I was between 16-18yrs old. I went to buy a put for my old pickup truck at a local junk yard and the guy priced it as if I was buying the whole truck. I later found out he was some old kook who never really sold anything to anybody just priced things outrageous. There are some strange people out there.

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Harold R » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:46 pm

Darn! :x I wish I knew you needed a shifter. I have a spare off the same cub you have the bolster from. You could have met me in Huntsville, with a thermos of coffee and sat with me on the interstate. :D :D

Seriously, it's in good shape, and yours if you want it. You may consider this gouging too, but I may ask for more than 1 cup of coffee. Heck, may cost you a whole pot! :wink:

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:00 pm

HR,

The coffee is always on. I'll take you up on your offer,
8)

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:33 pm

Mybe he saw the shifter sell on Ebay recently.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!