This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

While Bigdog was away. . .

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43783
Circle of Safety: Y

While Bigdog was away. . .

Postby 1541 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:57 pm

While Bigdog was away at cubarama I slipped in under the radar and snagged the following garden tractor and implements right down the road from his house. I know it isn’t a cub or even a cub cadet but the price was right, just the gas to get my ’78 Chevy across the Pickaway County border. It belonged to a co-workers brother. He purchased a Ford compact diesel three years ago and parked this rig in the barn. He had originally planned on selling it but never got around to it.

Sometime this summer I had mentioned to my one of my co-workers that I was looking for a snow blade for my ’48 cub so I wouldn’t have to shovel snow. Last week he came into work and asked if I would be interested in a garden tractor and snow blade. He said his brother’s wife was on him to get rid of it and it was mine if I would come over and pick it up. Then he said I could have the rest of the implements including a 50" mower deck and all of the manuals if I wanted them.

I figured it had been sitting for 3 years the battery would be shot. I sent an email to the owner and asked him what size battery it took. I told him I would pick up a battery and try to start it thinking it would be easier to load up. He wrote back and said that the battery was new when he parked it and said he would put it on the charger to see if it would hold a charge. Thursday, he wrote back and said the battery was fine but that switch was bad so he put a new one on. I arrive on Saturday afternoon and he had it running and ready to go. My co-worker showed up and helped load up and we sat around the barn shooting the bull the rest of the afternoon.

1992 MTD 995 Hydro and 12" Brinly plow

54" snow plow, 3pt disk, 12" Brinly plow

Rear view - 3pt

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

WJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WJ » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:01 pm

That's great.. at least it is red.. Congrats.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:59 am

sweet!