This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Zapped again

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Zapped again

Postby Eugene » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:02 pm

Ytmag board had a question on the Cub planter. I posted that this board and ATIS board had current threads with significant discussions on Cub planters.

Checked back an hour later and my post is gone - again. You know what really ticks me off? I have recommend the advertisers on ytmag board and suggested the ytmag board as a source on different makes of tractors.

I need some parts for my non IH antique tractor. I WAS preparing an order for one of the advertisers on that board. Someone lost a sale.

Eugene

rondellh
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rondellh » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:51 am

Eugene,
Make sure you notify the advertiser of your decision and why. The only way they will know is if someone tells them what is going on.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:38 am

don't know if Kim is getting hard to get a ong with or if she has an asstant moderator, but I frequently direct prople to YTMAG from other sites with no problems, but shee seems to feel this is a competition, and won't allow postings directing people to another board or to a competitors of her advertisers.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:22 am

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

YTMag

Postby allenlook » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:45 am

I know there's good info (and good people) over at YTMag, but I never log into it.

I get everything I need right here.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:49 am

Part of the irony of the situation is that when Kim started YTMAG, the first place it was announced was on ATIS.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:23 am

Jim Becker wrote:Part of the irony of the situation is that when Kim started YTMAG, the first place it was announced was on ATIS.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Jim... but I think YT was started by a different ATIS regular. I think her name was Kate Smalley.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:55 pm

I could have it wrong too, but as I recall Kate Smalley started antiquetractors.com . YT was started by Chris and Kim Pratt. Somehow, antiquetractors.com seems to now belong to YT. Their copyright statement reads "Yesterday's Tractor Co. - A Washington State Corporation". I believe Kate is in New England.

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck

Postby Carm » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:34 pm

I used to frequent YT, but with the way other sites are handled there, I havent been visiting. I think that customer satisfaction is what keep people buying from a particular business. And most people have their favorite places to do business. I dont feel that mentioning another site is counterproductive to what goes on on these forum boards. I have bought from YT advertisers and Farmallcub.com advertisers. I think its foolish to alienate people from your advertisers by not mentioning other sources. It seems that YT is no longer a service so much as it is a business now. Ok...I;'ll shut up.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:51 pm

BD can attest to this...

Any time and I do not know the reasons for this, that I post the Cub Manual Server in the url link box, the link does not work. I can post pics but not the link to the server.

Seems Kim has killed all links to other tractor boards or tractor related sites.

What irks me is that I have had the link to YTMag on the server for as long as this new format has been up. Kim and and somebody else )Steve if I remember correctly) have sent me emails asking if it was okay it they put an active link on the forum to the server as they thought it was a great resource. Of course I said yes..... ahh duhh, .

I have been thinking for about 3 or 4 months now that I am going to remove the link from the server, and I am going to tell Kim why.

I really have been leary of hurting feelings, so I have delayed, but in light of what has been happening lately, I think I am going to do it.

I just think that it is kind of childish for this type of stuff to go on....

Dennis has never said that links to any other forum was not allowed... especially if those forums carried stuff his didn't. 1 forum cannot be all things to all people. A few have tried and/or are trying but they are not succeeding well.

Anyways, that is my story and I am sticking to it :!: :roll: :oops: :roll: :wink: :lol: :wink: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:24 pm

just saw another one get deleted where a poster wnated to know the value of a cub and someone pointed him here.

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:23 pm

We ought to bombard the site with "Eat at farmallcub.com" stuff so that the admin for the site will be overwelmed trying to get it all off. :lol: :lol:

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:06 am

That might at least force her to respond directly.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:18 pm

A poster on the ytmag board asked how to convert a WD Allis from 6 volts to 12. I just e-mailed a poster with the following:

Poster's first name: Return the e-mail. Last time I posted with the answer to this question my post was removed from this board. The conversion is quite inexpensive - you don't need to purchase one of the kits.

I'm not selling parts.

Eugene

WJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WJ » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:41 pm

I may be wrong, but could it be possible that the site uses software that catches web addresses and deletes them?

Just a thought.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

Return to “Off Topic”