This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Conceal carry

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Urbish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1958 International Cub LoBoy
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
2022 Massey Ferguson GC1723E Subcompact

Cub Loboy L-54 Leveling and Grader Blade
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Conceal carry

Postby Urbish » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:18 am

KETCHAM wrote:I don't like the CCW law.....I carry if I chose to...and when I want to...I only carry if I feel I should...crooks don't have a CCW....why should I...???? Most of my stuff is not registered..some is....love my crossbow...that's a nasty weapon.....Ketcham

There are many who share your view and do the same. Keep in mind that if the day ever comes and you have to use your concealed weapon, even in self defense, the prosecuting attorney will probably stick it to you with multiple felony charges.
Jim

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:54 am

skwimjim wrote:There are many who share your view and do the same. Keep in mind that if the day ever comes and you have to use your concealed weapon, even in self defense, the prosecuting attorney will probably stick it to you with multiple felony charges.
Most likely not true.

Most states have a Castle Doctrine Law and some have a Stand Your Ground Law. Missouri has both.
I have an excuse. CRS.

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:08 pm

MOST GUN CHARGES I've SEEN GET DROPPED!!!! That's the problem....Not enforcing the laws that are there!!!!
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Urbish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1958 International Cub LoBoy
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
2022 Massey Ferguson GC1723E Subcompact

Cub Loboy L-54 Leveling and Grader Blade

Postby Urbish » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:12 pm

Eugene wrote:
skwimjim wrote:There are many who share your view and do the same. Keep in mind that if the day ever comes and you have to use your concealed weapon, even in self defense, the prosecuting attorney will probably stick it to you with multiple felony charges.
Most likely not true.

Most states have a Castle Doctrine Law and some have a Stand Your Ground Law. Missouri has both.

Castle doctrine prevents you from being charged with murder or assault in a self-defense case, but you can still be charged for illegally carrying a firearm. Regardless, if you are committing a crime while defending yourself, it muddies up the water.
Jim

Circle of Safety

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:28 pm

skwimjim wrote:
Eugene wrote:
Most likely not true.

Castle doctrine prevents you from being charged with murder or assault in a self-defense case, but you can still be charged for illegally carrying a firearm. Regardless, if you are committing a crime while defending yourself, it muddies up the water.

A lot depends on the state, Va, Tex and WVa you would most likely be ok, up north may be a bit more involved :D
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Jim Reid
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Reid » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:46 pm

Being the victim of a road rage incident because I was doing 45-50mph in a 55 zone the road was crooked and did not have any passing lanes the idiot behind me in his HUMMER thought I should drive faster or pull over and let him go after flashing his lights and blowing his horn we came to a stop sign where he pulled beside me and was telling me to get the hell off the road I slowly pulled my 9mm up and looked straight ahead that's the last I saw of him.

Jim

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:58 pm

Boss Hog wrote:A lot depends on the state, Va, Tex and WVa you would most likely be ok, up north may be a bit more involved :D
As I previously stated, Missouri is an open carry state with a few restrictions. Conceal and carry has less restrictions.

The Stand Your Ground provision in state law only requires to feel threatened.

If you can legally own a fire arm in Missouri, you have little chance of being charged with a felony defending yourself, or your property.

Depending on circumstance you could be charged with a felony. Example chasing the fleeing perpetrator down the street and shooting at him/her.

The original topic was conceal and carry and which type firearms.
I have an excuse. CRS.

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Postby ricky racer » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:47 pm

In the Chicago area, if you get caught with an unlicensed hand gun, it's a mandatory 5 years in Cook County Jail. The stiff gun laws are there to help make Chicago the beautiful crime free city it is today.

Myself I carry a folding knife, however my knife just happens to be a tool used almost daily. Liberals consider it a weapon but to an old country boy, it's a tool. I've carried a knife since I was a young man. In all of the decades I've carried a knife, I've never had to use it as a weapon but as I said I use it almost daily as a tool.
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Mike H
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 49945
Tractors Owned: IH 185
Farmall M
1972 SS12 retro fitted
1977 F150 pull truck
1978 F250 4x4 bush truck

Postby Mike H » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Jim Reid wrote:Being the victim of a road rage incident because I was doing 45-50mph in a 55 zone the road was crooked and did not have any passing lanes the idiot behind me in his HUMMER thought I should drive faster or pull over and let him go after flashing his lights and blowing his horn we came to a stop sign where he pulled beside me and was telling me to get the hell off the road I slowly pulled my 9mm up and looked straight ahead that's the last I saw of him.

Jim

ya need a bumper sticker that sez '' I am not in a hurry and your not that important'' :lol:

I do carry ,,, ya just got to figure wen and were 8)

Mike

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:47 am

I pray all the time I never have to use my weapon in a defensive situation, but I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I will defend myself and family if need be. Practice practice practice is very important, know your weapon well. Range time is a good time anyway.
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

clm2112
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 15438
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub

Postby clm2112 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:09 am

Ron Luebke wrote:I pray all the time I never have to use my weapon in a defensive situation, but I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I will defend myself and family if need be. Practice practice practice is very important, know your weapon well. Range time is a good time anyway.

Best attitude to have. I've only needed to defend myself once, and that confrontation ended without a round being fired. Looking down the bore of an 12ga Remington 870 was enough to make the intruder reconsider their plan of attack. I figure that statistically, I will never find myself in that kind of situation ever again in my life. But I would rather have the means to defend myself and not need it, than not have the means and rely solely on the compassion of a criminal. Either way, keep practicing, it is good mental exercise. If you have any local clubs that do IDPA competition, try it out. Even if you are no good at it, it is fun practice and teaches good pistol handling skills that most folks will never pick up just doing target practice.

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:25 am

I had to many instances in Md[just north of DC] when I lived there....that was one factor in me moving to Ohio.....Nothing like getting a gun or guns pulled on you late at night while out riding in the city...Most were just yahoo's ....but still no fun...the night I did pull was 4 guys in a Camaro...2 pulled on me and seemed serious...I pulled and shot between front and back seat...They shot thru the red light and were gone..never did hear another thing about it...That's when I decided to get out of Maryland...Just wasn't worth it anymore..I don't miss it...though I do miss my friends...I have not carried here in Ohio,,,25 years now..Lots of gangs from what I here now in Wheaton...Moving to Ohio was a great choice...I hate big citys......
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:55 am

Sorry, but this topic has strayed and is being sealed for posterity.

Thanks
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Return to “Off Topic”