This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Another free service gone

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Another free service gone

Postby Bus Driver » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:23 pm

Advance Auto has for many years been my automatic-go-to auto parts dealer. I was loyal. Prices kept going up and Oreilley's seemed to be a little lower cost on some items.
But Advance was my first choice.
Check engine light on my truck yesterday. Advance says they no longer do that. So I went to Oreilley's and they did do it for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Customer-Satisfa ... 188516730X

I bought this book years ago and now am seeing a change in my own situation. New loyalty today.
Luck favors those who are prepared

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Another free service gone

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:48 pm

You need to tell Advance Auto that they lost a customer and why. They may not care, but they need to know.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

torchred89
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20164
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall cub

Postby torchred89 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:13 pm

The dog broke the switch that adjusts my seat. I went to Car Quest that little switch was $156. I went across the street to Advanced Auto. They had it for $93 and they are owned by the same company.

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:24 am

Being a parts guy for years....always and I mean always...shop around...I use 4 or 5 parts stores...Advanced seems to be the best at the moment for me.....But I do check all of them...Supplies,parts and what ever....Ketcham :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Jim Reid
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Reid » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:45 pm

I believe the parts business is one of the biggest rip offs of all tractors and vehicles I had to replace the catalytic converter on my Tahoe checked advance auto zone oreilys all were around $500 luckily I have a friend who works for a private company $309 with tax one garage wanted $150 to install another $75 and it took less than an hour.

Jim

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:49 pm

Most parts laces will read the code, but a lot of them on longer reset them due to liabilities, especially if you live in an area where they use the car computer for the air pollution tests.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

tnestell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48609

Postby tnestell » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:01 pm

I had been a loyal Auto Zone customer after the Car Quest dealer close to me closed some years ago. I had seven vehicles with Auto Zone red top batteries. My daughter was in Chicago with a problem, got a jump, and called me. Told her to go to the nearest Auto Zone. First one told her they could not go out in the parking lot and help her, sent her to the next Auto Zone. That Auto Zone said they were too busy to help her and told her to go to Advance Auto next door. Our last CarQuest in the area has done a lot of machine work for me and rebuilt my Cub engine. If that changes, well, what a loss.

Mrblanche
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 75104

Postby Mrblanche » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:51 pm

To make a short story long, I hydraulicked a cylinder in my hot rod (1923 Ford Model T Tudor Sedan with a Chevy 350) at our Nationals in Springfield, IL, this summer. Had about 5 inches of rain overnight, and apparently I got enough water in the intake that the first cylinder to open, #8, sucked enough water in to lock. It bent the connecting rod and broke the nose on the starter.

The engine wizards in our group got the head off without removing the intake, pulled off the starter and the oil pan. We found a local machine shop owner who had a T bucket, and he pressed out and back in a replacement rod. While the guys got that installed, I took the starter, looking for a replacement. For no really good reason, other than I just like to deal with them, I went to O'Reilly. They checked the numbers and discovered I had bought the starter from O'Reilly. I don't remember buying it. However, they brought out a new (rebuilt) starter, handed it to me, and said, "Good luck and thanks for your business."

Indy4570
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 65608
Tractors Owned: 49 F cub, donor
50 Farmall Cub bugeyes(dead)
55 Farmall Cub Clementine
55 International loboy
62 140 Industrial The Beast
50s Allis Chalmers B
50 Ferguson TO20 Huppster
49 Ferguson TE20 Fergie
JD 790 4x4 w/backhoe
hinomoto diesel 4x4, early to mid 80s 20HP
73 Pasquali 4x4 diesel 33HP
74 Toro golf course tractor
Gilson 18HP

Postby Indy4570 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:29 am

auto parts stores used to take used antifreeze, no more, other counties have places but you have to be a resident, so now, I have no place to dispose of it properly.
Circle of Safety
better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it...( YES this includes CUBS! )

Return to “Off Topic”