This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Feeling old?

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Feeling old?

Postby Eugene » Tue May 03, 2016 6:33 pm

Dennis wrote:I still get carded all the time; they ask me if I have an AARP card :)
Dennis, guess that means you are over 50 years of age.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Tue May 03, 2016 7:46 pm

Eugene wrote:
Dennis wrote:I still get carded all the time; they ask me if I have an AARP card :)
Dennis, guess that means you are over 50 years of age.

Well over 50, by 14. I'm looking forward to all those discounts I keep hearing about :)
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Tue May 03, 2016 9:19 pm

Dennis wrote:Well over 50, by 14. I'm looking forward to all those discounts I keep hearing about :)
Bogus advertising designed to get you into the store to purchase more items than you would otherwise. Or entice you to shop there first because of the potential savings.

I have a retired military ID card in my wallet. I do most of my high dollar tool and construction material purchases at Lowes because they offer a 10% discount to the military. For high dollar purchases, the discount will cover all of the sales tax and some of the fuel cost.

One of the local auto parts stores advertises a 10% discount for military. I usually shop at the other auto parts store because the prices are much much lower.

Speaking of bogus. The other day I was reading an advertisement for the opening of a new grocery store, listing prices of items for sale. At the top of the advertisement it stated that 10% additional would be added to the check out price.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Tue May 03, 2016 9:25 pm

Oh well... another perk of getting older down the drain :lol:
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Tue May 03, 2016 9:29 pm

After 5 PM they roll up the sidewalks in Jefferson City, Mo.. About 20 or so years ago I was taking an evening stroll in near deserted streets of Jefferson City, Mo.. A young couple, apparently looking for a location, said "lets ask the old man".

I was wondering who the old man was until they asked me for directions.

Edit: The time frame would be 23 or 24 years ago.

2nd edit: I ran out of fingers and toes counting back that far, so the time frame is a estimate, or a wild guess.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Tue May 03, 2016 9:59 pm

Dennis wrote:Oh well... another perk of getting older down the drain :lol:
There is no perk to getting older unless you consider age relate aches and pains a perk. Any of the advertised discount savings is spent on medications at the drug store.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:46 pm

Just got home from the 6 month dental cleaning, check up. Received a card with the next cleaning appointment in 6 months. Magnet posted the card on the refrigerator.

The refrigerator door was covered with my medical appointments. The freezer side was covered with wife's medical appointments.

Then it struck me. Parents post pictures their kids drew on the refrigerator. Elderly post their medical appointments.
I have an excuse. CRS.

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:36 pm

I was starting to feel a bit choked up about all the one foot in the grave talk. Then I did the math assuming Potosi graduated students around age 18, (50+18) and realized that John is not that far ahead of me.

1951 would have been my dads birth year! :surrender: ...Happy Fathers Day! :||): (Maybe he won't notice it is a few days early) :dog:
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:05 pm

this thread is a little old, I am 71 now. :x A better one is my wife. She taught 3rd grade for several years then took a break to have a family and get the kids a ways through their education, then went back to teach special education, guess that was a natural as long as she had been married to me. In total she taught about 25 years, + the time off, then retired and substituted a few years. She decide to completely retire when she realized she was teaching a GRANDKID of one of her 3rd grade students. :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Off Topic”