This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Can you identify a tractor by it's sound?

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Urbish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1958 International Cub LoBoy
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
2022 Massey Ferguson GC1723E Subcompact

Cub Loboy L-54 Leveling and Grader Blade
Circle of Safety: Y

Can you identify a tractor by it's sound?

Postby Urbish » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:01 am

The Antique Tractor Blog posted this today. I haven't a clue except for #'s 2 and 3.
http://antiquetractorblog.com/2016/02/08/tractor-quiz/
Jim

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

mozer71
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22650

Re: Can you identify a tractor by it's sound?

Postby mozer71 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:51 am

I wish I could but that isn't possible. I would be lieing at you or pretending. If I got really close, I wouldn't have the knowledge to discern one from another. Other stuff happened like GE turbines lighting off and getting in sync with huge Cat diesels. One time there wasn't any ear muffs, then there was. There was harmony as they all pulled the loads together, muffs off.
It didn't happen all the time but the few times it did, I listened. All the large vents which opened were maintained by me or compatriots. We maintained the engines to the degree under contract. Switchgear and all that monitored because stuff happens. Long time ago but those freakin turbines (there used to be four) ramping up and getting into sync and the switchgear slamming huge contactors at just the right frequency, voltage and load. I should have known it better but it was constantly changing. Those engines sounds are impressed in my brain.

tom coffey
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 28638
Tractors Owned: Bolens G9 garden tractor

Re: Can you identify a tractor by it's sound?

Postby tom coffey » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:34 am

The only 3 things I can identify by sound are John Deeres, Harley Davidsons, and people from certain parts of the USA that can't say words with R's in them. Like- my new car is " my new caaa"
Jesus loves me. This I know.
Happy motorin' to you n your'n

Return to “Off Topic”