This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

FAA Registration for Drones, R/C Helicopters and Airplanes

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: FAA Registration for Drones, R/C Helicopters and Airplan

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:21 am

Most cases I've seen, the government (fed, state or local) refuses to pay credit card fees. Thus you frequently get surcharged for using credit cards with government transactions. I wouldn't be surprised if, in this case, the CC companies are doing it for free to get their hooks in for later. Watch for a surcharge after the free registration ends (speculation on my part).

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:29 am

If the owners of these devices would exercise a nanogram of common sense, this program wouldn't exist.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:49 am

This kind of "program" infuriates the law-abiding citizens with common sense.
1) Purchase AMA liability coverage
2) Fly at sanctioned club locations
3) Follow AMA and club rules when flying
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:57 am

Don McCombs wrote:If the owners of these devices would exercise a nanogram of common sense, this program wouldn't exist.

outdoors4evr wrote:This kind of "program" infuriates the law-abiding citizens with common sense.

The problem is that people don't have common sense. If there hadn't been multiple "incidents" involving these things, the FAA would have paid no attention to them. The same can be said about almost every regulation that exists on any subject. Unfortunately, regulations that don't actually have any effect get put in place then kept forever. Speed limits and DUI laws are good examples. (Blood alcohol limits keep getting lowered when nearly all DUI caused accidents are caused by people 3 or 4 X over the current legal limit.) When problems continue, the regulations become more burdensome.

Try getting a restaurant kitchen past the building inspector, the fire inspector and the insurance company inspector some time. Yet there were still 7,600 restaurant fires in the US in 2013. That is averaging more than 20 per day, day in and day out. Expect updated regulations.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:13 pm

I agree with Jim, if people used common sense there would be no problems, but they don't. I visit a couple other antique tractor sights daily, and on the average of once a week there is a report of a drone problem. Some of the members use drones to check on livestock or to look crops over, etc., but there have been several reports of people being buzzed by them, one was inside a man's barn, another inside his shop ( he closed the door and captured that one). Some of them living in areas where theft is a problem figure they are being used to reconnoiter for possible break ins. There are several young people living near me that I figure will be getting them in the near future. They are welcome to fly over my place so long as as they tell me when and don't become a nuisance. Ones I am not expecting are candidates for the S.S.S. treatment.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

sdurnal
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47201
Tractors Owned: 105 & 127 cadet (sacrificed for a 4wd project)

680 Cadet
1964 LoBoy FH
L-54A Blade
Pennington 3 spindle deck
LF-194 plow

Postby sdurnal » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:39 am

Unfortunate for us who have flown model aircraft for decades!! I'm selling my equipment and not renewing my AMA due to this new restriction. I'm afraid $5 is only the beginning of this FAA registration nonsense. Stop selling drones/quads thru Walmart, etc, don't punish the true rules-abiding hobbyists..

Urbish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1958 International Cub LoBoy
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
2022 Massey Ferguson GC1723E Subcompact

Cub Loboy L-54 Leveling and Grader Blade

Postby Urbish » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:29 am

I went ahead and registered. It took about five minutes and I have been assigned a registration number that I will affix to my aircraft. But I agree with others that this is a big deal. Much like gun control, people who want to do bad/stupid things will continue to do so (whether or not they have registered) and the good guys get screwed.
Jim

Circle of Safety

Return to “Off Topic”