This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

My DAD

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 41005
Tractors Owned: Near 200 cubs through the years
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Ralph » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:02 pm

Bill
Our thoughts are with you as well we should all hope for 96....
what a lot of knowledge he must have enjoyed.
sincerly Ralph
Shoot low Sherriff they are Riding Shadows
4 Wheels move the body.....
2 Wheels move the Soul .....

Ralph in ky.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:11 pm

Thank you all for your concern and interest. Ralph just hit the high point, not only did my father know a lot but he shared it with all 4 sons. We learned so much about so many subjects from him. Pop also gave us the confidence to do what needed to be done.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

lonniebug57
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby lonniebug57 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:17 pm

The first commandment with promise----Long life to those who honor their parents. Twenty-six years past the allotted three-score and ten. May precious memories comfort you and your family. Lonniebug57

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:37 am

Bill

Sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Vern Campbell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04664
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub

Postby Vern Campbell » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:34 am

Bill, I haven't been able to access the forum recently so I only just read your post and learned of your loss. You have my heartfelt condolences, and my thoughts and prayers are with you. The bond between a father and a son is a special one, and you were truly blessed to have him with you for as long as you did. My father passed away 31 years ago, when I was just 19, but I still cherish the time we spent together and have tried to pass on to my children the lessons and values he instilled in me. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about him. My Cub is a wonderful tractor, but what gives it real value to me is that it was my father's tractor and that I grew up using it under his watchful eye. May your memories of your father give you comfort the same way that memories of time spent with my Dad have comforted me.

Vern
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.--Will Rogers

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:33 am

Sorry to hear about your Dad passing. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:15 pm

Thank you all. We burried Dad today. I had a few bad moments. During them I remembered my father and how he and mom taught us to do what had to be done and keep on doing what was right.
I am glad he will not suffer any more. I am doubly pleased he is with my mom and my brother Bob.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Off Topic”