This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Follow Up Post Happy/Sad

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Follow Up Post Happy/Sad

Postby Merlin » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:23 pm

Hope this isn't too long. First off, my wife and I are doing much better every day. I mentioned in an earlier post about my old neighbor's wife dieing and him having a 75 Cub with belly mower. It turned out to be a 77 though. (252038) Anyway, a buddy came over and asked me if I knew where he could get a decent Cub with a belly mower. He has never driven any kind of tractor. I told him about the old man having one for sale and we went to his house to talk to him. He said it was in the shop getting a rear axel seal installed again for the second time in two years. He rebuilt the engine at the same time for $1200.00. I asked him if we could go to the shop and look at it and he said go ahead. The guy hadn't started to work on it yet. We went back to the old mans house and talked to him again. He said "Merlin, if you want it and fix it yourself, give me $900.00 and it's yours". We went and got it and put it in my garage. We changed the seal this morning. I think the problem was that the oil level was up to the fill plug on top of the transmission . I drained it to the bottom plug though. This is a beautiful tractor that runs as if new with headlights and rear light. Just bump the starter and she's purring. The belly mower is a Woods 42C-4. He told me if I didn't take it, he was going to let someone else have it. I hated he sold it so cheap, but what can you do? Him and my buddy are both happy. Me too because he gave me a very, very hansom finders and supervisors repair fee.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:09 pm

Good deal Merlin. Glad to hear you're doing well and dealing well! :)
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:16 pm

Hey Merlin, Thats great news to hear. Especially the news that you & your wifes health are improving daily. :P
Then came Bronson

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:58 pm

Merlin. Good to hear you guys are doing better. That sale sounded great. You don't come across too many deals like that ..... :)
Ron

Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Merlin » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:33 pm

Thanks all. I had to laugh at my buddy. I talked to his wife a few minutes ago and she said he got up before daylight and started cleaning on his new old tractor. He took it to the car wash first and now, 12 hours later, hes down to the tooth brushes. Thats good though. Another saved Cub that I know will be well taken care of. I need to do that to mine, but I don't have enough umph yet. Soon though.

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:10 pm

Take your time, Merlin. The grime will still be there when you're feeling up to it.

Return to “Off Topic”