This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Manure grinder

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
torchred89
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20164
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall cub

Manure grinder

Postby torchred89 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:39 am

I grew up on the farm. But here is one I never saw before.
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ ... 55629.html

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Manure grinder

Postby Eugene » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:01 am

Probably should read chipper, mulcher. If close by, would be worth taking a look at.

Replacement B&S clone engine is around $100-.
I have an excuse. CRS.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:55 am

Agree with Eugene about description, and if it were close I would probably grab it, but not to grind manure. Manure dry enough to run through it would blow all over the place including on you. Running a spreader is bad enough, without grinding it partially to a powder then blowing it up in the air. :roll:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:14 am

I googled it out of curiosity. It won't chip even small branches. If you plan on looking at it, you might want to read some of the comments. Sounds like it is for shredding garden waste prior to composting.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:21 am

Manure from all sorts of animals when we lived on the farm. No grinder, just stacked in a pile to compost. Then into the manure spreader to be broadcast on the farm land.

Considering the tons upon tons of manure that I have shoveled, loaded into the spreader, I see no advantage of grinding it.

Neighbor who runs cattle on my acreage frequently spreads turkey manure on the pasture. Manure obviously includes the poop, but also includes feathers and bones from deceased birds. The feathers and bones rapidly break down.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:36 am

The "manure grinder" name probably come from the people that like to use the phrase "green manure" for any sort of garden mulch or compost. Here is a brochure from the manufacturer. I didn't read the whole thing word for word, but didn't see the word "manure" anywhere in it. They did talk about compost and mulch.

http://gravelymanuals.com/pdf/WW_Ultimate_In_Shredder_Grinders_19761100.pdf

Return to “Off Topic”