This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Denton NC show

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Denton NC show

Postby Bus Driver » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:17 pm

Went today, the first day for this year. Last day is Saturday July 5. Chose today as it has/had the best weather forecast for this week for that area.
I think I did not attend the Last two years. Lots of Cubs in all the ranges of condition. Saw one square-nose LoBoy, Yellow and white, that was marked as a 1949. Did not copy the serial number but assumed that the wrong serial number list was consulted.
Many more tractors there than I have ever seen there before. I saw a large antique truck being hauled away this afternoon that belongs to a good friend of mine from some distance and I assume that there simply was no room for it. Too much for me to see in one day-- the old feet are slower now.
Saw a 274 IH. First class restoration. The first one I have seen in person. Parts for it probably would be very difficult to find.
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractor ... r-274.html
My guess is that the number of A/Super A/100/130/140 tractors already sold mostly satisfied the demand at that time for that size and style. Probably few 274/284 were sold. Ford offered a similar offset model of their 1710 in the same time frame and it apparently did not sell in volume.
Saw a stretched Cub Cadet that now seats 5 single file. Looked good. Did not see it running. It was in the wooded camping area.
It was a good day.

Lots of vendors selling all sorts of "stuff", parts of the show are more like a flea market. This rural NC. Just before I left, a man in his early 30s walked by carrying an old double barrel shotgun. Probably bought it from a vendor. Nobody seemed concerned about the shotgun and I certainly was not concerned. I remember the time years ago I walked past the county courthouse carrying a 30-30 rifle i had just bought and a deputy just waved his hand to me.
Last edited by Bus Driver on Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luck favors those who are prepared

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Denton NC show

Postby Super A » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:18 pm

Bus Driver wrote:Went today, the first day for this year. Last day is Saturday July 5. Chose today as it has/had the best weather forecast for this week for that area.
I think I did not attend the Last two years. Lots of Cubs in all the ranges of condition. Saw one square-nose LoBoy, Yellow and white, that was marked as a 1949. Did not copy the serial number but assumed that the wrong serial number list was consulted.
Many more tractors there than I have ever seen there before. I saw a large antique truck being hauled away this afternoon that belongs to a good friend of mine from some distance and I assume that there simply was no room for it. Too much for me to see in one day-- the old feet are slower now.
Saw a 274 IH. First class restoration. The first one I have seen in person. Parts for it probably would be very difficult to find.
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractor ... r-274.html
My guess is that the number of A/Super A/100/130/140 tractors already sold mostly satisfied the demand at that time for that size and style. Probably few 274/284 were sold. Ford offered a similar offset model of their 1710 in the same time frame and it apparently did not sell in volume.
Saw a stretched Cub Cadet that now seats 5 single file. Looked good. Did not see it running. It was in the wooded camping area.
It was a good day.

If all goes well I will be there Friday.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Denton NC show

Postby Bus Driver » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:34 pm

One more thing-- I saw just one vendor offering "funnel cakes". Bought one. Don't make the same mistake. Foods are either prepared to be eaten or to be sold. This one was for selling.

Also saw an IH "Electrall" generator being powered by a Farmall Super MD Diesel. I suspect that the load on the tractor was quite small.
The Electrall, in addition to the main alternator, had an Autolite generator similar to the ones used on vehicles. I suspect that the smaller generator serves to excite the larger alternator. Could not see that it performs any other function.
Luck favors those who are prepared

Return to “Off Topic”