Dumb signs

Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:23 am

:? :?
California has some of the dumbest signs that we taxpayers foot the bill for. I'm thinking of writing a book about them. The latest is:

SAFETY CORRIDOR
Don't drink while driving

I guess you can drink and drive on the remainder of the road.

Re: Dumb signs

Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:33 am

My nephew sent this to me the other day.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:43 am

Bill,
That beats mine!

Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:28 pm

bill, I have to admit, that is one of the worst I have seen.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:51 pm

Around here in south eastern Pennsylvania, some truckers tend to abuse the use of their Jake Brakes. I guess an empty
flat bed at 2 am down shifting thru 5 gears with a straight pipe is cool in some circles. This has caused local municaipalities to post signs that say "Brake Retarders Prohibited With In City,Town,Borough Limits" .

I'm sure that the most inexperienced truck driver wouldn't install a device that would retard the the brake system on their 80,000 lb rig.
All permitted loads also require an "Engine Brake" And are required to use them.

If you were cited for using an engine brake within town limits, I can't see how a judge could uphold that charge.

Russ

Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:32 am

Run oversize thru Pa a lot. Love it when "Barney One Bullet" stops me and starts tellin me how much trouble im in for using that JAKE in HIS TOWN. Then I get to show him MY state permit that says hes gotta go play in traffic n leave me alone.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:08 pm

Rabbit Holler Flash wrote:Run oversize thru Pa a lot. Love it when "Barney One Bullet" stops me and starts tellin me how much trouble im in for using that JAKE in HIS TOWN. Then I get to show him MY state permit that says hes gotta go play in traffic n leave me alone.
LOL, I sure wish I could ride with you on one of your trips.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:42 pm

Massachusetts is spending millions on a system of big digital solar-powered remotely operated signs that tell you how many minutes to a popular exit or intersection with another highway. For example "RT 93 7 MILES 7 MINUTES" I have no idea why we are spending this money. They started this last year, and many of the initial signs don't work.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:01 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:
Rabbit Holler Flash wrote:Run oversize thru Pa a lot. Love it when "Barney One Bullet" stops me and starts tellin me how much trouble im in for using that JAKE in HIS TOWN. Then I get to show him MY state permit that says hes gotta go play in traffic n leave me alone.
LOL, I sure wish I could ride with you on one of your trips.
If you do, don't ask about the little critters that come out of the defroster vents and sing and dance on the dash. Usually something ends up upseting the purple one and he's kinda mean. But then, the other ones do pick on him quite a bit. Usually, they all end up getting into a fight. Or so I'm told ...................

Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:56 pm

I don't have any crazy sign pics, but a few odd ones I took on a trip to Australia.
Outback filling station.jpg

They have some unusual names for their towns?!?
Aussie signs.jpg

This is at a train station in Dubbo NSW. It could be on a model railroad layout. The sign merely means exit. Many of these towns look like they are from movie sets circa late 1800's.
Aussie signs 3.jpg

A shire is like our county.
Aussie signs 1.jpg

This was on a pole in the middle of nowhere, presumably in front of someone's "station" or ranch. Like in our south western states they are many thousands of acres.
Aussie John Deere.jpg

Free range cattle, no fences
free range.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.