Forum member on Antiques Road Show

Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:00 pm

Seriously, I almost never turn on the TV.... and when I do it's to scan the 4 PBS channels I get.

So I was just plain surprised to see CopperSmith (Val) with a cool old table on the TV..... right on the screen! So be on the lookout for the Baton Rouge show!

He is truly a great guy and on the top of my list of favorite Cubbers. And the table was pretty valuable too.

Way to go Val! :{_}:

Re: Forum member on Antiques Road Show

Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:13 pm

Yep he told me bout it, but unfortunately I had a previous engagement and couldn't watch last night. Hopefully I can see it at some point. I don't know bout the table, Larry, but I gotta agree with your assessment. :-)

Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:32 pm

No paint Val! Good save! Go to the site and click on the video. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/archive/201306A29.html

Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:17 pm

Awesome! :-)

Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:33 pm

:{_}: :thanx:

Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:22 pm

Fantastic! That was great to see Val.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:53 am

That's very cool, Val! I'll bet it gets treated better from now on! Enjoyed the video!

Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:14 am

Nice!!

Makes you wonder what we may have in some of our barns and sheds. I really enjoy that show.

Good job Val.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:30 pm

Gary Dotson wrote:That's very cool, Val! I'll bet it gets treated better from now on! Enjoyed the video!

Tezell wrote:Makes you wonder what we may have in some of our barns and sheds. I really enjoy that show

:Dito: That really is pretty cool!! Makes one wonder about those old furnishings and things that were sold at auctions or to antique dealers from parents and grandparents homes and sold for next to nothing. I guess due diligence is required.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:26 pm

I saw it, but did not know at the time who it was. We now have a celebrity in our midst.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:13 pm

:Dito: John.

Congrats, Val!! We get Roadshow here on Monday nights (first run), then it replays on Tuesdays at a later time. I was watching Val last evening with that table and didn't even know I was supposed to know him! Way to go!

Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:02 pm

Val is a pleasant guy , even on camera. I enjoyed the segment and am glad Val is gibing it a good home. :{_}:

Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:58 pm

I have it on DVR and will watch it tonight. Thanks. :D :D