Sure glad winter is overwith and spring is about here

Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:30 pm

70 degrees yesterday and worked outside in short sleeve shirt. Woke up to this view this morning, could not see out windows on north side of house because of the ice.

At noon the temp is 28F and these are the views on the south side of the house, and still snowing, with total accumulation of 2 to 4 inches predicted.

Re: Sure glad winter is overwith and spring is about here

Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:45 pm

I feel your pain.....
Last edited by ricky racer on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:56 pm

Forecast to miss us, tomorrow.. Was 59 degrees,, yesterday, 31 today! Groundhog was right, with his prediction, this year.
Ed

Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:56 pm

It sure doesn't pay to get excited about warm weather to soon. It was sunny and in the 40s a couple days this week and the snow leval probably 6 inchs or more. This morning it was 3 below again, and they're calling for more snow this week. Dang it. :x

Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:04 pm

Winter will be over around here in June..... maybe. :roll:

Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:29 pm

Yhea, this winter junk hit us in Virginia this afternoon. I had the displeasure of being out in it most of the evening. If this is the result of global warming, then we need to get the coal mines and power plants fired back up so we can get some global cooling to warm things up... :?

Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:16 pm

We are getting hammered again now about 8" snowing very hard, predicting 12" total.

Berlin

Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:13 am

We had just enough of a hint of nice weather, this past week, to get our hopes up. 14 deg. currently, chill factor, 6 deg. It's supposed to get near 40 deg. this afternoon. At least we don't have any snow or ice, right now. I guess warmer weather is coming, but it can't get here soon enough to suit me.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:39 am

We got about 5-6 inches last night. Fortunately, it's forecast to be 40 degrees tomorrow. So, the melting process will start again. :D
Can't wait for the real Spring to get here.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:09 am

Received a total of 3 inches of ice,sleet, and snow yesterday (Sunday), thank goodness ground was warm enough the roads melted off quickly. down to 11F last night, but supposed to be 45 today and in the 60s rest of the week.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:52 am

Will it never end? :roll:

Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:16 pm

We got much the same, John. Beautiful on Saturday, highs in the 70's. I was on the Cub plowing, disking and grading all day! Great seat time. Then on Sunday, we woke up to a skift of snow and high about 30F.

Take 'em as we get 'em. Hang in there!!