9000 Members

Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:26 am

I see by the statistics on the main page that we have added our 9000th member. :{_}:

Re: 9000 Members

Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:33 am

And I notice it was a Buckeye who put us there! :D

Re: 9000 Members

Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:41 am

Buckeye? Isn't that a useless nut? :D

Re: 9000 Members

Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:47 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: 9000 Members

Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:23 am

Don McCombs wrote:Buckeye? Isn't that a useless nut? :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: 9000 Members

Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:39 am

Yes, but a lucky nut and not as useless as some people I have met. My step father always carried a buckeye in his pocket for luck. He lived to experience 92 years of luck. During visitation at his funeral his daughter reached into her pocket and removed a buckeye. She then opened the pocket on her dad's suit coat and place the buckeye inside. She said her Dad would have liked that and it gave her a good feeling. Useless or not, Kathy made good use of a buckeye on a low day in her life. I doubt anyone or anything could have lifted her spirits anymore that day than that one act.

Re: 9000 Members

Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:28 pm

Barnyard wrote:Yes, but a lucky nut and not as useless as some people I have met. My step father always carried a buckeye in his pocket for luck. He lived to experience 92 years of luck. During visitation at his funeral his daughter reached into her pocket and removed a buckeye. She then opened the pocket on her dad's suit coat and place the buckeye inside. She said her Dad would have liked that and it gave her a good feeling. Useless or not, Kathy made good use of a buckeye on a low day in her life. I doubt anyone or anything could have lifted her spirits anymore that day than that one act.


That was very touching. :big crying:

Re: 9000 Members

Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:27 pm

Don McCombs wrote:Buckeye? Isn't that a useless nut? :D
especially if you have it in your hip pocket and fall on it. :x

In this area the old timers claimed that carrying one in your pocket kept rheumatism away.

Re: 9000 Members

Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:52 pm

Don McCombs wrote:Buckeye? Isn't that a useless nut? :D


:lol:

Re: 9000 Members

Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:41 pm

Don McCombs wrote:I see by the statistics on the main page that we have added our 9000th member. :{_}:

The forum will celebrate Its 15th anniversary in May. Maybe we all 9,000 of us should log in at once. :lol:

Re: 9000 Members

Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:20 pm

Don McCombs wrote:Buckeye? Isn't that a useless nut? :D


Don,

The complete definition is, "A hairless nut of no commercial value."

Bill

Re: 9000 Members

Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:25 pm

Bill Hudson wrote:"A hairless nut of no commercial value."

Hey, I resemble that remark! :lol:

Re: 9000 Members

Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:59 am

I could comment..... but seems it's all been said!

Re: 9000 Members

Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:10 am

Barnyard wrote:
Don McCombs wrote:I see by the statistics on the main page that we have added our 9000th member. :{_}:

The forum will celebrate Its 15th anniversary in May. Maybe we all 9,000 of us should log in at once. :lol:

Or show up at the Bash! :shock:

Re: 9000 Members

Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:23 am

To the geezers among us that remember the first day of the forum, and before that, the ATIS.net site, 9000 members is quite an accomplishment.