Ready for Spring

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:23 pm

I've been traveling a bunch lately for work. I was Denver this week from Sunday till Thursday. Thursday night was spent in the O'Hare Hilton for $379 because flights to ALB were all cancelled. United kindly booked me for a 7.30 PM Saturday evening flight :lol: . So Friday I went over to Hertz and rented a car one way from ORD to ALB. Made the drive in 14h arriving home at 12.30 AM Saturday morning.

It might actually be warm enough for me to work in the shop a bit. Rex '48 and me need some bonding time.

I AM READY FOR SPRING.

Re: Ready for Spring

Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:09 pm

Oh man, you passed within 2 miles of my house on your way home!! Wish I would have know, we could have had a mini-Cubfest!! I would have even put you up for the night if needed and I would have only charged you $300. :lol: :lol:

How much snow did you come home to??

Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:33 am

Only $300 per night awesome. I bet you would have rented me your car for $600. Hertz charged me $715 for a one-way rental. Would have been awesome to have met you for a mini-cubfest. :D

Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:49 am

PVF1799 wrote: Hertz charged me $715 for a one-way rental.

Wow, I hope the company picked up the Tab on the room and car rental.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:51 am

Forgot to say I came home to a fresh 30" of snow. It's a winter wonderland for sure.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:48 am

PVF1799 wrote:Only $300 per night awesome. I bet you would have rented me your car for $600. Hertz charged me $715 for a one-way rental. Would have been awesome to have met you for a mini-cubfest. :D

For $600 I would have driven you home and bought you lunch on the way. :lol:

Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Barnyard wrote:
PVF1799 wrote: Hertz charged me $715 for a one-way rental.

Wow, I hope the company picked up the Tab on the room and car rental.

I work for a pretty good company. My manager said just do what you need to do to get home. I'm pretty sure Hertz was less than kind with their rate. They'd not let me rent one-day, they'd not let me use the IBM rate which I use all the time and they would not rent me an SUV one-way. In the end when I got the car - I saw why ----- they wanted me to drive the Dodge Avenger back closer to where it was licensed in the state of MA.

Ken

Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:23 am

ricky racer wrote:For $600 I would have driven you home and bought you lunch on the way.

Wow - now that's service! Talk about your Cub Express!! At 20 mpg your talking about something over $120 in fuel one way and plus car rental. That's a very kind offer Ricky!

Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:43 am

Smokeycub wrote:
ricky racer wrote:For $600 I would have driven you home and bought you lunch on the way.

Wow - now that's service! Talk about your Cub Express!! At 20 mpg your talking about something over $120 in fuel one way and plus car rental. That's a very kind offer Ricky!

Plus tolls!