This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Where to buy reloading supplies

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Where to buy reloading supplies

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:52 pm

since there are some reloaders on here I was wondering where you have found to be good places to get supplies, such as bullets primers, etc.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 70737
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Where to buy reloading supplies

Postby redfin » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:21 pm

I know a few others will reply. Here is a bit of info to narrow the field. Purchasing primers and powder online will prove to be pricey. Most outlets add a $25. hazardous material fee on top of shipping on every order , so they are best purchased locally unless buying in enough bulk to justify the cost. The brass and bullets can be had online some with free shipping . Not sure what you are wanting to load , but will forward some info to you . :D

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby VinceD » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:21 pm

John, there really aren't any single source sites for reasonable reloading supplies. You really have to price shop on the web to find the best buy. As redfin said, buying primers and powder online can be costly with the hazmat fee added. Best advice is to try and find powder and primers locally if you can. I buy my bullets and brass online. Call me if you have any questions. Stay warm.
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:16 am

I agree with buying power and primers locally to avoid the hazmat fees.

Cabelas ran a "free shipping" month before christmas. They didn't have much in stock, but they'd take your money. I bought everything I needed for the year (I hope).
Things started trickling in by mid-December and the last items arrived last week. Cabelas doesn't have the best prices, but the free shipping and getting it all from one place made it worth my time.

With your first shipment they usually send a coupon for spend a bunch and save a little. I suggest buying something cheap in stock, then waiting for a free shipping sale. Use coupon + free shipping.
I have no affiliation with Cabelas.

Here's another site to check out. They sell reloaded ammo at a very reasonable price. Might not use it for high accuracy or home defense, but good for plinking and range use.
www.freedommunitions.com
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

Mike Mueller
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63069
Tractors Owned: "57" highcrop cub
"55" no hole
"61" cub
435 veg planter
201 corn planter
474 veg planter
447 cultivator
252 cultivator

Postby Mike Mueller » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:31 pm

Try Graf's in St. Charles 636-946-7468 Was there a week ago. They had every thing I needed but powder It's a little tuff to get, but they did have some to chose from. Mike

Return to “Off Topic”