This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Birds

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053
Circle of Safety: Y

Birds

Postby v w » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:17 pm

My wife likes to feed the birds. There is in fact 16 feeders. Must have suet, sunflower, thistle, seed cakes and so on you see. She can't get to more than a couple at the moment and we are throwing sunflower seed on the ground near the house. I didn't take the birds long to find it and are cleaning up often. She shoveled her way out to the birdbath which is in a drift like most of the feeders. Wind is forecast to die down tomorrow and I'll have to clear a path to the feeders.
Some sunflower seed has been thrown on top of the drifts. Has been feeding mostly sunflower to the seed eaters for the last couple of days due to its higher food value. Vern

ToddW
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 54911
Tractors Owned: -
1951 F-Cub
1960 Yellow Loboy
Despeeder, FH Rototiller, / FH York Rake, FH plow, 152 Disk plow, Woods brush mower, Wagner Loader, Grader Blades, 23-A Disc Harrow. Spike tooth harrow
FORD JUBILEE with Sherman 12-speed
1953 Ford F-100 Jubilee
Cadet 108 with mower and snow thrower -Cadet 1650 with deck and thrower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Birds

Postby ToddW » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:07 am

I saw a robin the other day at our heated birdbath and was amazed some stay around in this stuff. Our snow and drifts look a lot like your picture

Return to “Off Topic”