This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I’m getting too old for this stuff

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

I’m getting too old for this stuff

Postby Jack fowler » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:33 pm

On New Year’s Eve everybody thought it would be a good idea to get some wood on New Year’s Day because there was no snow on the ground. Reluctantly I volunteered, mostly because the temperature was at 15 degrees F with a stiff breeze and secondly I’m getting too old for this stuff.

The two young lads are home for their winter break from school and eager for some extra cash. The deal was one load (one cord) goes to the owner and one load to them for selling.

This is the second load out….at lunch break…four loads total….. A very long day for me…the young lads cut to size their wood and hand split one load before they went to bed last night…one cord ready to sell.

If anyone is interested, click on links. Please ignore the green

Around here we try to cut eight foot sections, load with a hay fork on the front loader that is used for big round bales for feeding. That tractor was being used for feeding most of the day so we used another tractor with a bucket to load. We tried to cut four foot sections if we could and pulled the logs out into a field…push it into the bucket and load on the trailer. If everything goes ok, loading is very fast
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/Jackf/Metering%20Valve/IMG_0481_zps81acfc96.jpg
Loading wood on trailer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/Jackf/Metering%20Valve/tractor_zps40bfedc3.jpeg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: I’m getting too old for this stuff

Postby Steve Butram » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:13 pm

Please ignore the green…

Nothing wrong with the Green as long as it gets the Job done. Around here we work with green tractors and play with the Red ones :lol:
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: I’m getting too old for this stuff

Postby Jack fowler » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:06 am

Deere makes good tractors…. they aren’t trouble free and I think they are at a premium price, but I guess they earned that.

The best tractor(s) we owned; were the 70 Genesis Series Ford 7.5L 6-cyl turbocharged Diesel, built in Canada
(Before AGCO) Massey Ferguson 399 Perkins A6.354 6-cylinder turbocharged Diesel built in Ireland/England
(Before AGCO) Massey Ferguson (MF40/MF50) Industrial Backhoe(s) I think made in Canada by Terex North America A3/A4 Perkins Gas / Diesel Engine.

The only reason we got rid of the Fords because New Holland would not promise to keep parts in stock for our tractors and Massey...
Agro would not keep Massey Ferguson parts in stock…only the Agro- Massey Ferguson parts. We still have the Massey Ferguson (MF40) Industrial Backhoe

The Ford’s and the Massey’s never really had nickel and dimes things happen to them like the Deere’s have…but the Deere’s have a lot more technology built into them. Back then with the Ford’s and the Massey’s as long you did preventive maintenance those tractors went forever 24/7 very cost efficient.

The future, because of cost the Fiat leasing program is looking very attractive. As for as the total operation a partner wants to retire because of health reasons and an investor wants to take his part to cash rent. We are negotiating (my brother and me) with that same investor for cash renting our part….If that happens….I can feel that Florida ocean breeze blowing…. :{_}:

Edit: If anyone is interested

New pictures of a CAT road grader….

Neighbor had to park his road grader at my place because they were doing bridge work going into his place. It a CAT. I took some pictures, but my batteries went dead before I got all the pictures I wanted….what a machine this thing is…I can only imagine what it cost…

Other pictures of cutting more wood that I’m sending to a friend….so don’t pay attention to them.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Jackf/library/CAT

Return to “Off Topic”