This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Elk! Brakes! Camera! (pic)

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 97000
Tractors Owned: 47'Cub S/N 9516. Howard CD6 Despeeder, Howard L&S-28 Rotovators, broken front end loader, Hub City PTO clockwise converter/rpm reducer, Cub tach, Old style pointer hands analog Hobbs meter, Donaldson pre-cleaner, C-22 Sickle bar. Sears flat belt drive Buzz Saw, Model 54 blade, IH plow, Delco horn.
Circle of Safety: Y

Elk! Brakes! Camera! (pic)

Postby Redcub » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:20 pm

Santa's Elk herd heading to winter feeding grounds. We guessed about 50 cows, no bulls.
Never go cheap on a brake job. Taken near Bend Oregon.
Next time you are out here in the Pacific NW see us at
The Great Oregon Steam Up in Brooks Ore, along Interstate-5 just North of Salem
http://www.antiquepowerland.com Held the last weekend of July, and 1st weekend of August
"Steam and Gasoline"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Re: Elk! Brakes! Camera! (pic)

Postby Barnyard » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:00 pm

I'd hate to hit one of those dudes. Here is a video of a herd crossing.

There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053

Postby v w » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:39 pm

I will Amen the cheap brake job. I once complained of softness in the brake pedal of one of the company vans. Maintenance said left front shot, fronts needed total replacement, recommended all fours. Boss opted for all. Two weeks later a truck in front of me smoked all 18. I was close enough I was glad for a nice solid pedal. Turned out it was a herd of deer. Whitetail. Been there. Bill, super video. Vern

Tezell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39861
Tractors Owned: 76 Cub Denim Springs
49 Cub Denim Springs
51 Cub Uncle Harvey
"Jacksonville" 53 Cub
"Jackson" 76 Cub
"Louie" 64 Cub Fast Hitch
"Paw Paw"71 Cub Fast
Hitch
"Alvin" 72 Cub
"Ugly" 75 Cub
76 Cub Val
Mr. Kirkland" 77 Red Cub
77 Cub "Russell
76 Cub w/fast hitch "Edgar"
76 - 185 Cub Lo Boy
John Deere 2003 - 5320
Kubota 7060
Kubota 5400
Kubota 2680
John Deere 445
TO20 Ferguson

Postby Tezell » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:59 pm

Bet those elk would do some real damage if you were to hit one. I have seen what a 150 pound deer can do.
"I ain't believing this!"

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:33 am

Redcub wrote: Taken near Bend Oregon

Beautiful area.My Uncle lives in the Roseburg area.
Barnyard stated: Here is a video of a herd crossing.

Wow where was that at. I’ve been out west for awhile and never seen that.
Tezell stated: Bet those elk would do some real damage if you were to hit one. I have seen what a 150 pound deer can do.

That’s why you see guards in the front of pickup trucks in the back country. The reason why that is hopefully after the hit; the radiator, engine / ect. will not get damaged and the truck will stay operational.

This was taken when my wife and I were going to visit a friend and we cut through a Federal park as a short cut. We were driving a Ford Ranger and I had to pass him (very slowly) and I was really concerned he wasn’t going to let me. (We made it)

If anyone is interested these are pictures taken close to me:
Spring 2013- North field
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/Jackf/Dec%202013/102_1690_zpsb524c41c.jpg
Spring 2013- North field
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/Jackf/Dec%202013/102_1688_zps610ecd9b.jpg
[i]My son and daughter-in-law recently came for a visit and when coming home one afternoon this is what they encounter as they were turning off the highway. The one with his head down rammed the car numerous times as they were turning. The car was hit so hard the camera was knocked out of my daughter-in-law’s hand. Yes it was my car and it was totaled out.
My daughter-in-law commented “she knows what ram-tough is now”
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/Jackf/Dec%202013/Ram_zpsaad199ab.jpg
Three of my sons are hunters and always going out and plotting for the next season. This is a close up of dinner to come…
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/Jackf/Dec%202013/Supper_zps8932899a.jpg

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13143
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub Low Boy w/ FH Mott Flail Mower
1953 Cub w/ sprayer and 54A blade (Chompers)
1954 Cub w/fast hitch (Ira)
1948 Cub ( Papa Paul)with Henderson loader..
1951 Mutt mix Cub (BattleAx
1950 Farmall Cub (basket case demo)
Cub parts tractor
2019 " KuB"ota 2601 loader and roto tiller
1951 Ferguson TEA 20 (parts)( Uncle Rusty)
F/H Disc Harrow for cub L-38
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower
Universal tool attachment with disc hillers..Rear cultivators (various tips
York Rake for Cub home made
Single bottom Plow for Cub F194
Gravely 5660 12 hp/ w snoblower.rototiller,bush hog

Postby pickerandsinger » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:01 am

Tezell wrote:Bet those elk would do some real damage if you were to hit one. I have seen what a 150 pound deer can do.

Hows about a 400+ back bear.....Actually the bear hit me..... :shock:... Totaled my old Caddy.... :oops:
In Memory of 58,286

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack fowler » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:51 am

pickerandsinger wrote: How about a 400+ back bear.....Actually the bear hit me.....

If that would have happened to me, I would have somehow stuffed myself under the seat and hid.
It was bad enough passing that Bull last summer. I still break out into a sweat when I see that picture.
When driving in the back country especially certain times of the year; you have to very careful.

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:28 am

pickerandsinger wrote:Hows about a 400+ back bear.....Actually the bear hit me..... :shock:... Totaled my old Caddy.... :oops:
The drivers test for bears isn't what it should be :lol: ........What was he driving that totaled your Caddy?

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Cub parts tractor
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower

Postby pickerandsinger » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:01 am

Scrivet wrote:The drivers test for bears isn't what it should be ........What was he driving that totaled your Caddy?
.....Luckily he didn't have a vehicle, he was jogging to the dump ...At 4 in the morning...I had just finished playing at " The Black Bear" in Pottersville NY back in the early 70,s....I also have a Buffalo story in the Badlands and a "Bullwinkle" story in New Hampshire :shock: ....Both of those on my ol Harley...But hey this isn't my post... :lol:....PS Did you think I would say "Farmall Cub" :lol: :lol:
In Memory of 58,286

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:19 pm

The Mo. Dept of Conversation is repopulating the elk in northern Mo. Some hunters like the idea, but most people do not. There are several hundred deer/car accidents in Mo. every year, and if the elk herds get a good foothold, the injuries and vehicle damage will be much worse.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scrivet » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:31 pm

pickerandsinger wrote:..... and a "Bullwinkle" story in New Hampshire :shock: ....
Tell the story! This is the OFF TOPIC forum, if we can't get off topic here then what's the point :D :lol:

I have a Bullwinkle story to! I lived in Mass for 13 years with frequent trips to Maine, New Hamshire, Vermont, and New York. Had been there 10 years and never had come across a Moose in my travels. Finally saw my first and only one grazing on the shoulder of the Mass Pike not real far from my house :shock: :shock: :shock:

Driving at night "up north" was always fun. I was always warned a moose is like a cow on stilts. If they are in the road, and you hit them, you just knock their legs out from under them. Then they roll up your hood and come through the windshield. Hopefully you kill it because it's bad enough having a dead moose in your lap, having a wounded, angry, scared moose in the car with you while you're still trying to come to a stop, I am told, is no fun at all.

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:24 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:The Mo. Dept of Conversation is repopulating the elk in northern Mo. Some hunters like the idea, but most people do not. There are several hundred deer/car accidents in Mo. every year, and if the elk herds get a good foothold, the injuries and vehicle damage will be much worse.

OMG! That sounds like they're teaching the elk to talk. :shock: I agree that most people don't want any back talk from an elk. (Sorry John, couldn't resist. Cabin fever, ya know.) :lol: :lol:
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack fowler » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:55 am

Scrivet stated:
pickerandsinger wrote:
..... and a "Bullwinkle" story in New Hampshire :shock: ....
Tell the story! This is the OFF TOPIC forum, if we can't get off topic here then what's the point

I agree that’s why I posted what I did…. I hope nobody thinks I tried to hijack this post… I’m sitting here @#%&! deep in snow, can’t get out for Church and I really enjoy reading the posts on this site.
Last edited by Jack fowler on Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scrivet » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:24 pm

Denny Clayton wrote:
John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:The Mo. Dept of Conversation is repopulating the elk in northern Mo. Some hunters like the idea, but most people do not. There are several hundred deer/car accidents in Mo. every year, and if the elk herds get a good foothold, the injuries and vehicle damage will be much worse.

OMG! That sounds like they're teaching the elk to talk. :shock: I agree that most people don't want any back talk from an elk. (Sorry John, couldn't resist. Cabin fever, ya know.) :lol: :lol:
How did I miss that??????? :headbang :headbang :headbang

By the way John, the Elk are closer than you think! They're at the Peck Ranch "Conversation" Area. According to MDC;
Twenty-three-thousand-acre Peck Ranch CA is at the heart of a 346-square-mile elk restoration zone that encompasses parts of Carter, Shannon and Reynolds counties.

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Cub parts tractor
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower

Postby pickerandsinger » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:29 pm

OK First the buffalo.(The year we had all the floods in the midwest,early 90's I think) ...I had been to Sturgis, actually quite late as I had been sidetracked by illness in Thunder Bay(thanks for the relapse Mr Mosquito)...Anyhow I was Meandering thru the Badlands nat'l Park, I believe it was when I rounded the curve and found myself kerplunked in a herd of buffalo....I had seen the signs regarding small cars etc but I was in awe of the Hop a Long Cassidy scenery and next thing I know their I was...I came to a stop and the "big guy in charge" was only ,"in my eyes" a short distance away....My traveling companion was trying to get the camera around to the front of her for a picture...I was in first gear and attempting a rather speedy u turn when she whacked me and stated " :censored: I haven't got the picture yet....I told her hold on and I touched the Harley off in a cloud of dust and made a rather impressive get away...I did look in the mirror once but didn't notice any stampede however when I was safely down the road a bit I pulled over and she repeated," :censored: , I didn't get the picture...I told her, Darlin let me tell you something....That fellow back their was black...He had snot running out his nose and was making some really strange sounds.....We're dressed in black on a black Harley....Now either he wanted to fight me or make love to me and I did not want any part of either.....Gotta admit though it would have made a heck of a picture :shock:
In Memory of 58,286

Return to “Off Topic”