This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Distribution from traditional IRA

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Distribution from traditional IRA

Postby Bus Driver » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:55 pm

Never had a pension. So years ago I made some preparations on my own to hopefully be able to eat at least twice a day after the days of employment ended.
Most folks take their distributions late in the year, especially since this year has seen rather steady rises in the investment indexes. Those over 70 1/2 must take distributions of the proper amounts or face severe financial penalties.
In addition to the tax consequences of the timing of the distribution(s), mutual funds have dates when they distribute their dividends and capital gains. It is highly advisable to determine those dates before specifying the date you wish to take your distribution. My advice is to take your distribution after the dividends and capital gains have been credited to your account. If you do not know those dates, call and ask them. Could mean more money left in your account after the required minimum distribution.
Hey, more money means more Cub stuff for you!
Luck favors those who are prepared

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Distribution from traditional IRA

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:01 pm

Good advice.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Return to “Off Topic”