This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Info about a patent interesting to two people max

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Info about a patent interesting to two people max

Postby Scrivet » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:16 pm

In last weeks local paper, in the years ago column, going back 115 years to October 26, 1898 there was a short mention of;

"Messrs Puckett and Livingston are considering the feasibility of putting up a plow factory at this place, to manufacture the plows on which Mr. Puckett has a patent,"

Well patent always gets my attention for something local. So I did a little research and quickly came up with the patent thanks in part from things I picked up in threads on this forum.

The second interesting part was the name. Took a little longer to tie that in to my two nephews, whose mother is a Puckett, and another Puckett I sometimes begrudgingly have to admit knowing (like when under oath :D ), our own forum's John *.?-!.* cub owner.

The patent #600801 is to Silas H Puckett for a plow modification. Silas would be John's great grandfathers brother, and my nephew's great great great uncle. (If I got it figured correctly)

If you haven't fallen asleep reading this story yet and care to look;
go to http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/patimg.htm
enter 0600801 in the box (needs 7 digits so use the 0 at the begining) and click on "view patent".

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob Perry
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02748
Tractors Owned: :

1949 Farmall Cub / FH

1951 Farmall Cub / IH mower

1964 International Cub Lo-Boy / Woods 59 mower

1967 International Cub / FH