This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

My Favorite Hunting & Fishing Store

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

My Favorite Hunting & Fishing Store

Postby ricky racer » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:08 pm

This past weekend my wife Tracy and I traveled to St. Ignace, in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. We spent a 3 day weekend there to just kind of unwind. On the trip home we stopped at my favorite hunting and fishing store, Jay's Sporting Goods in Claire, Michigan. They also have a store in Gaylord, Michigan. I have been to 6 or 8 Cabelas, several Bass Pro Shop and Gander Mountain stores and none compare to Jay's. Not nearly as flashy as Cabelas or Bass Pro Shops, it is also not filled with the yuppie clothes and fluff that they are. I've seen businesses that were built on the paychecks of sportsmen turn away from them to supply the yuppie tree huggers out there. Eddie Bauer, L.L. Bean and Orvis come to mind. You will only find a small corner of Jay's devoted to interior decorations, you know, something for your wife to look at while you are "shopping". Other than that it's all real hunting and fishing stuff.

They have something for everyone. Case in point, if you have an extra $4000 burning a hole in your pocket :shock: you can buy the latest in hunting blinds shaped like a dead tree stump.

Here is Tracy trying it on for size.

My luck, some bored hunter would use it for target practice. :roll:

It is also cool for me to see a product that I manufacture in my barn hanging on the shelves in the store. I have been making the Lil' Shaver Broadhead Sharpener since 1992. It is targeted towards the traditional bowhunter who prefers cut on contact 2 blade broadheads.

1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Off Topic”