This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Replacement digital camera

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Replacement digital camera

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:38 am

I have a small Samsung that is my carry in pocket camera. It takes pretty decent pictures, but there are some things I like a bigger camera for. I tend to judge the quality of cameras against my Ricoh 35mmI saved for several years to get. At present I am considering a Nikon Coolpix P510. there is a newer version of it (p520) but according to reviews it seems to have a problem with the auto focus, so I am considering the 510 seriously. Has anyone had experience with one?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:16 pm

I think I got my $70 worth out of my Samsung before the spots started showing up in every picture. My older Nikon is a P70, now the zoom on similar cameras is through the roof compared to it (4 years later??). I find some shots are a bit washed out (too light) on the pocket one, but it is 18x optical zoom, same as the P70. I have captured some great video with the little one; firing a cannon at the fort and the Sleepy Man Banjo Boys playing in a tent at the fort. In general, I am really pleased with it.

The key is the size of the sensor, not the MPixels. Heck, my new iPhone takes pretty good pictures in the scheme of things and somehow they magically appear on my PC!??
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby danovercash » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:06 pm

Yeah, wish my iPhone had a Mac to play with!
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:49 am

still looking. i thought I had found one, a Panasonic Lumix FZ70K. The specs looked real good, and the price was not too bad, but doing a little research, I learned there were a few problems, The big ones is rather than the normal Leica lens it has a no name made in china lens. Entire camera may be made in china, Panasonic is not very forthcoming about origin on their site.

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:46 am

John,

I have a Canon SX260HS that I am very pleased with. I am happy with Canon cameras in general, and I have had several. Each one has been replaced through no fault of the camera. I will not go into detail about that. :D Just bought my wife a Canon T3i package for Christmas.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:16 am

John wrote: so I am considering the 510 seriously. Has anyone had experience with one?

My brother has one and likes it.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:54 pm

Well it took a while, but I seem to have found one I am happy with, at least so far. I have looked at a lot of cameras both in shops and on line, and have purchased and returned a couple. I have settled on a Fuji Film Fine Pix S8300. I have given it a pretty good work out the last couple days, and am happy with it. It has all the features I wanted except for an articulating LCD, which I can live without. For point and shoot it's automatic settings are fantastic, plus you have the option of controlling exposure, shutter, etc. if you want, plus a lot of other options. I will probably die of old age before I figure all the options out. :lol:

Return to “Off Topic”