Photo On Gallery, Cub & House in my Town?

Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:05 pm

There'a a photo on the Gallery of a Cub in front of an old 2 story red brick house with tall white columns in front, anyone know whose photo it is? The house looks very like one a few blocks from me. I'm curious, could that be an older photo of our Cub? Probably not, it looks healthier than ours was when we bought it. However, if the house is the one around the corner, I'd like to find out what they know about Cubs!

Re: Photo On Gallery, Cub & House in my Town?

Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:15 pm

Might be one of Yogie's pictures. Was there a cannon in the photo?

Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:57 pm

I tried to find it by using the refresh button to change the picture on the home page. Pictures started repeating, and I didn't find the one you refer to. If you can find it and post it, we may be able to tell you who and where it is.

Bob

Edit: you can click on Gallery on the home page and tell us which # photo it is. I can't get the picture to post.

Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:15 pm

Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:08 pm

Yep, that's the pic. I'll pass by the house here when we head over to the starter repair place, it's around the corner from there. I do wonder if whoever posted it may have just used a pretty site to photograph his Cub. There aren't any other owners near here on the Member's Map. Hey, Barnyard, did you see the photo I posted in WayWayOff Topic? The neighbor goat playing ram with Our Ted. Thought you might like to see what happens when you actually do grab one by the horns!

Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:23 pm

That photo was taken in Newport, Rhode Island.

Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:37 pm

Really? Darn, I need to take a pic of the local house and compare. If it really is close, I'll post it to pass on to whoever it came from.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:56 am

Here is the house I was thinking of, def not the same, but built with the same period design. This one sold several years ago for $260,000. I would have liked to look at it, couldn't afford it! just wanted to see inside. It is much too close to the N.O. airport. By the time you say our local airport's full name, you have overshot the runway!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:06 pm

That picture is my 63 cub sitting in front of a house near me here in Spencer, West Virginia. It was built back in 1925 when the oil drilling boom hit here. It has been used as a rental for weddings and partys for the last several years, been to many there myself. The house and 60 acres just sold last month for 1/2 million... :shock: They're already giving it a work over before moving in.
That Ricky Racer is sharp as a tack.... :wink: