What an interesting Auction it was!

Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:37 pm

I went to the auction of 9 Farmall B's Sat and was it a surprise. They were all running and ready to drive home. The family put a lot of time into getting things in top shape. There were 12 hayracks of good parts and a lot of hidden gems. I only stayed till the tractors were finished selling and that was 2.

A few notes:
Farmall M with all M & W gear company options available sold for $3900. I really wanted it but family decided to buy it back I gave up at $2000. A good deal for what it all had. Hand Clutch, 9 speed, M&W Gov, pistons and sleaves, and throttle. Over &1500 in M&W options, and being already on the tractor makes it worth that much more.

All the B's sold for around $700 to $1300 range

There was a Oliver 88 Diesel that brought $34,000. It was a family feud over it, two brothers each wanted it and have been fighting over things is what I was told, believe it or not IDK. I suspected family sentimental value as soon as it hit $10,000.

http://www.bradleyauctionsinc.com/images/Clapp_Auction.pdf

Re: What an interesting Auction it was!

Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:54 am

Foe $34 grand they must have had Grandpa's gold hidden in the oil pan. Wow!

Re: What an interesting Auction it was!

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:50 am

The Oliver 77 was a good rig, but not that good in my estimation. I have been to estate auctions where there were family members who had been feuding over the items and all wanted the same things. There was a lot of spite bidding went on, but prices sure did get high.