Show Us Your Motorcycles!!

Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:45 pm

As many of you might know, my loves include motorcycles and bowhunting. I was just curious which other members are into motorcycles and what do you ride. Even if you don't currently ride but used to, I'd like to see what you rode back in the day. Post 'em here.

Here is my current street ride. It's a BMW R1100S
Last edited by ricky racer on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Show Us Your Motorcycles!!

Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Nice :big afro: , I like the Beemer's too however never rode one.

This is me maiden voyage ,1974 Kawasaki S3 400, three cylinder Two stroke also known as a Triple, its a small bike but its a two stroke and it can hold its own against many bigger bikes :D

Also have a 1975 Kawasaki H1 500 Triple in the works probably be done this Fall

Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:42 pm

Those Kawasaki triples were (are) rocket ships!!!!!Image

Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:56 am

I'm definitely old school, going back to my teens. My current ride:

Also rode this one several years ago:

Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:29 am

Yes, Denny!! The Eagle looks good.

Bill

Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:53 am

here is mine, got it brand new in 71. there were a group of guys in my area that used to ride these on the street legally. Image

Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:24 pm

Rob in NH wrote:here is mine, got it brand new in 71. there were a group of guys in my area that used to ride these on the street legally. Image

I had a red '71 just like that. I bought it new too. Sure wish I had the foresight to keep it like you did. :roll:

Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:39 am

This was my first road bike. A Triumph Thunderbird 650. Registered as a 1980 under a reconstruction title. It was parts from 58, 59, 60, 61 and several aftermarket. Rode it from 1980 to 1991.
img025_crop.jpg

This was my second road bike. A 1974 Norton Commando 850. Rode it from 1991 to 2011
img024.jpg

Sold it last year due to medical problems that affected balance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:41 am

My '68 Beemer.
This is my "cold dead fingers" bike. I don't ride much anymore, but I have sold bikes in the past only to regret it.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:51 am

Here's one of mine: A 1993 "sport glide":

Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:32 pm

Wow some cool bikes here the Norton Commando and the Honda mini :big afro:

My brother in law had one of those Eagles about 40 years ago he recently got it back for free :shock: currently under resto, Denny is that front end stock :?:

Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:20 pm

Sold it around 40 years ago, but this is the same model I had, Jawa 250. very plain, but rode good. 2 cycle with oil injection, and clutch cam on the shifter leaver.
picture from Yakaz

Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:38 pm

John, I've heard those Jawas were a little cantankerous but as reliable as a tank. Great old bikes. :big afro:

Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:48 pm

ricky racer wrote:John, I've heard those Jawas were a little cantankerous but as reliable as a tank. Great old bikes. :big afro:
Hmmmmm I wonder............ Jawas, I've heard that John were a little cantankerous but as reliable as a tank. Great old geezer.

Yep works either way! :lol:

Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:10 am

Jackman wrote:

My brother in law had one of those Eagles about 40 years ago he recently got it back for free :shock: currently under resto, Denny is that front end stock :?:

Yep, just restored is all.