OMG - A NEW Tractor Supply

Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:17 am

Found out yesterday - TSC is building a new store just 5 miles from my house and 7 miles from the farm. :{_}: :D - There goes the balance on my credit cards......

Totally Awesome.

Re: OMG - A NEW Tractor Supply

Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:28 am

Just hope they have tractor stuff. Our local store is three miles away and mostly geared toward horses, dogs and clothes. I have to drive to the store 20 miles away if I want to find much that is tractor related.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:34 am

The problem I have with Tractor Supply, is their lack of "tractor supplies". Feed, clothing, hats, fencing, oils, yes, plow bolts, cultivator teeth, tractor parts, no. Have one, 5 miles away. Ed

Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:49 am

Barnyard wrote:Just hope they have tractor stuff. Our local store is three miles away and mostly geared toward horses, dogs and clothes. I have to drive to the store 20 miles away if I want to find much that is tractor related.

even the ones 20 miles away from me, are not tractor oriented. Oil, grease, a hand full of bolts, yes, but the rest is "girly stuff" Ed

Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:14 am

chain stores are geared toward they buyers. They have more tractor related parts around here but are still junk for the most part
Boss

Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:48 am

I enjoy browsing in our local Tractor Supply, but you are all correct--unfortunately it is the horsey set that keeps most places like this open so they cater to them. Our local TSC has some stuff that is tractor related, but if you need something specific you will probably be out of luck. It is that way will all the farm/feed stores, locally-owned or chains. In our area you can add hunting dogs to that mix as well--we have lots of rednecks that compete in field trials and so forth so the local farm stores sell lots of dog food.

It's good because these things keep a lot of these types of stores open, but bad because sometimes if you actually need an item that is related to real agriculture, you're out of luck.

Al

Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:49 am

Two rules to remember
1 Never go to Tractor supply if you are looking for tractor parts

2 Never switch to the weather channel if you need or want weather info.
Berlin

Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:00 pm

All good feedback about TSC. What we've found them useful for us is - hitch-pins, universal joints, quick-links, IH Clothing, Diesel Engine oil, tires, tubes, hi-tensile fencing supplies, electric fencing, dog food, bird food, grease. You damn well better know what you need when you go there - cause the people that work there don't know S... from Shinola.

For what we use it for it will be better than going 30+ miles for what they might have.

Ken

Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:01 pm

Our local TSC (35 miles away) is the same as the rest, but on a different scale, most of the employees are very helpful and know what they are doing. They do have a prats counter that can help with many things, unfortunately it is mostly lawn and garden. I guess I am getting old, but I do remember when TSC actually had tractor parts. I was with Dad when he drove to the closest one, then 70 miles away and picked up a set of sleeves, pistons and gaskets for our Farmall H. They had them in stock.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:22 pm

John - was it called Farm, Family Tractor, back then?

Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:59 pm

PVF1799 wrote:John - was it called Farm, Family Tractor, back then?
No, this was nearly 50 years ago, and our store was Tractor Supply or maybe Farm and Tractor Supply.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:12 pm

Our local TSC store says they cannot legally carry 12-12-12. Can't have phosphates you understand. The local hardware store does have 12-12-12. It is illegal to use it on your lawn. Have to go to Farm Bureau to get 0-46-0. I go to TSC for water softener salt. Vern

Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:45 pm

We are getting one here. Supposed to be opening in September. Nearest one now is 45 minutes away. I go there to kill time while my wife is at the Kohl's next door. I rarely find anything I need or want to buy.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:23 pm

They lack in alot of areas. But it's a heck of alot better than not having one. We have chickens, horses, dogs and cats, so it's quite convenient for me. I can pick up feed, bolts, chain, pins, clevises, cotter keys, hyd fluid, oil, batteries, fencing supplies, mufflers, rain caps, overalls, tools, etc all in one place.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:28 pm

They will order ANY thing for you if it can be found on the internet, but they charge a premium for doing it.