This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Texas Tornado(s)

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076
Circle of Safety: Y

Texas Tornado(s)

Postby Peter Person » Wed May 15, 2013 10:45 pm

Looks like you folks in the Dallas-Ft Worth region are having a rough time of it tonight.

Jim Becker, you're northeast of Dallas, are you OK?

Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Texas Tornado(s)

Postby Jim Becker » Wed May 15, 2013 11:20 pm

Some of it has been pretty nasty. Right here, it hasn't been very bad. We were under tornado watch for a while but it has been cancelled. We are under severe thunderstorm warning. Raining pretty hard right now and will probably get worse shortly. I looked just a little bit ago and my gauge had 0.1 inches of rain, then looked just now and it was up to 0.6.

Most of this came up after dark, so the severity of the storms and amount of damage isn't well known. Actual tornadoes have mostly been 50+ miles from here. The only fatalities reported so far are probably around 75 miles away. Indications are that one tornado may have been close to a mile across! Radar images are indicating some areas have gotten 6 inches of rain. Some huge hail mixed in too.

I checked the rain gauge again after typing this in and it is now 0.8.

Return to “Off Topic”