This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

SUNSHINE

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Jim Reid
10+ Years
10+ Years

SUNSHINE

Postby Jim Reid » Thu May 09, 2013 10:01 am

Today is thr first day in a week or so that we have had sunshine it's been the coldest and wettest spring us oldtimers can remember.i have a grandaugter and a grandson who play softball and baseball at our high school the ladies have used the buddy heaters and blankets the men have worn insulated coveralls to stay warm.and the grass keeps growing.i guess the good part is i saw another spring awakening i took a short roadtrip this week and the trees and grass looked a little greener as i grow older (70) i seem to appericate the things i used to take for granted.i think i will go bask in the sunshine on the *&&^%#* lawnmower.

Jim

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: SUNSHINE

Postby Peter Person » Thu May 09, 2013 10:13 am

Jim,
Just the opposite up here in CT. Yesterday was the 1st rainfall we've had in 16 days. Everything was drying up, fire danger really high too. Fortunately the temperatures were fairly normal. With the rain the grass will really take off.

Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Thu May 09, 2013 10:30 am

We have gotten so much rain, then sun, then rain, the grass does not have time to sleep. i could mow every day and not keep up with it. So, I have begun mowing the hard spots, and will get the rest of the big areas as I can, everything over a foot and a half tall (the edges and obstacles) will get Roundup :big afro:

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Fri May 10, 2013 6:24 pm

Sunshine. Could stand quite a bit to dry out. Garden is still to wet to till.

Bad news, Saturday 11 May, 38 degrees low temperature forecast. Which means there will probably be a frost or hard frost in the lower elevations, valleys.

Muded in some cool weather vegetables without tilling the garden plot. Probably a waste of my time. Planted some started tomato plants. They are just hanging in there, not growing.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Off Topic”