Wierd weather

Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:37 pm

Big storm approaching. North eastern Colorado has three cells causing tornado warnings. Golf ball size hail. 9-16" of snow predicted tonight and tomorrow after the rain stops. The weatherman says to watch for thunder-snow which I've only seen a couple of times in my life. Temp was mid 60's today, high tomorrow in the teens. Anyway, the Cub is ready to plow and I may have a day indoors to play with carburetors. :D

Re: Wierd weather

Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:41 pm

We're supposed to have temps around 81ยบ tomorrow. The weather has been funny around here lately.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:59 am

Apart from the severe nature of the system, it may drop some much needed moisture to your area Bob. Hope you guys start getting regular patterns of rain this Spring/Summer. :)

Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:51 am

Hi Bob,

Hope you get some Spring weather out there soon. My wife Lauren and I are headed to the Rocky Mountain National Park in early May. Looks like we will be in your neighborhood. ( sent you a pm ).

Paul

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:18 am

Thunder Snow is super cool, if you don't have to drive in it.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:28 am

In Arkansas we usually have the mixing zone right around us and Thunder snow is not all that unusual. But ... still don't like those twisters. They can do awful and weird damage. Bob, hope you get to plow soon. Here it is cold for a couple of days, then hot, then cold, then wet, then hot .. Seems like there is no "normal" anymore, just "extremes". Not only in the weather for the past few years, but also in people's attitudes. So must be the weather's fault. Ha. Cooler springs seem to result in fewer tornado's, hot springs more tornado's -- so I'll take the cooler weather longer in the spring.