This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Interesting Payment Option

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Thackery
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Interesting Payment Option

Postby Thackery » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:35 am

So when does Krogers offer $2.00 off per gallon, is it some specific month(s) of the year.
I have been doing my best to get my $35 dollars, (35 gallons) every chance I can get.
Actually this works out really well because I don't need to pay much on the Lowe's line of credit to maintain the 0 percent interest, so I can meet the Lowe's minimum and use all the 35 gallons more or less in pace with each other.

I actually went and bought 2 more gas cans and a funnel to help facilitate this, but we use gas cans for everything here so not that big of a deal and I hate to leave that $1 per gallon sitting on the table.

I looked into the Krogers prepaid Visa/Mastercard cards as well. These have fees attached which diminish the deal greatly but my quick math still showed that you could get $5.95 worth of savings if you purchased 5 $100 Visa cards. It is a bit more trouble for really about 1% return but when you plot that against savings accounts/CD's etc it would be competitive.

David, if you happen to read this, try to get Kroger's to expand their gift card store selection more. I can use the Lowe's gift cards for a bit but at some time I will have a tough time finding a good card to buy.

Anyone else have any other creative discounts that they take advantage of?

I'm sure that I have OCD on this subject, but hey, how long does it take you to make $35? How about after taxes? That $35 is probably more like $43+ and that means a couple of hours work even for people fortunate enough to have a good wage.

After scoring the gas, I had to go down and beat up TSC over some chicken wire that they had marked one price on the shelf and another at the register.
Keep your eyes open, ask for discounts and don't let anyone charge you more than advertised. I know you guys are savvy Cub buyers so don't let your guard down on your other purchases.

Have a great day, Thackery
1953 Cub, Sickle Mower, 42" Mower, Cultivators, 189 Double Plow, 54 Blade, Grader Blade
1968 Lo-Boy w/1000 Loader, 1957 Lo-Boy w/FH, FH Disc, FH Potato Plow.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby dgrapes59 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:24 pm

Thackery wrote:So when does Krogers offer $2.00 off per gallon, is it some specific month(s) of the year.

David, if you happen to read this, try to get Kroger's to expand their gift card store selection more. I can use the Lowe's gift cards for a bit but at some time I will have a tough time finding a good card to buy.

Doug,

It is a promotional thing, usually just before Black Friday until just before Christmas every year, outside that an occasional promotion or an employee "benefit", I guess you had better hire on part time to maximize that! :D

I would like to see a few more cards for other businesses with things I usually purchase as it would be a "no brainer" for me to then take advantage of the perks. I can influence many things related to my area, but unfortunately I don't have any pull there. :? I am sure it is related to the terms the businesses offer, after all, it needs to make financial sense to Kroger as well.

Don't forget to pick up a loaf of Kroger bread or package of cookies or crackers when you pick up your gift cards! :wink:
David

Thackery
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Thackery » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:42 am

Just to update this topic.
I have used the above mentioned perk to save over $1350 on gas since I started this.
I have filled a lot of cars with gas cans but with the right funnel it is pretty quick, faster than earning $5.00 I earn per can.
Krogers is doing 4x points at this time. I believe until Dec. 15th.
I have bought hundreds of gift cards so far.
I have never seen the $2/gallon perk come around.
If anyone has other loyalty card perks or discount ideas please post them.
Interest on a bank account is next to nothing these days, so a few percent here and there using perks may be the about the best your going to get.

Thackery
1953 Cub, Sickle Mower, 42" Mower, Cultivators, 189 Double Plow, 54 Blade, Grader Blade
1968 Lo-Boy w/1000 Loader, 1957 Lo-Boy w/FH, FH Disc, FH Potato Plow.

Return to “Off Topic”