This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Things that don't work

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Things that don't work

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun May 01, 2005 3:10 pm

I know everyone has tried to do something that didn't work out as planned, how about posting some of them here. Humorous is good. I'll start off.

Never run a large weed wacker or chain saw for seveeral minutes and try to weld immediatley afterward. Took both hands to hold the stinger steady enough to run a bead.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun May 01, 2005 4:02 pm

John I can just picture it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill :P :P :P :P :P :P
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Major goof ups.

Postby Eugene » Sun May 01, 2005 4:16 pm

Overhauled the engine on a 36 WC Allis Chalmers owned by my grandfather. Got the engine running, oil leaks stopped. Put 3 or 4 gallons of gas in the tank. Took the tractor out for a run. Out the shop, down the hill, around the bottom, back up the hill, engine looses power and dies. Coasted back down the slope. Checked the fuel - plenty. Waited, the engine started and ran great. Back up the slope, engine dies. Drag the tractor back to the shop. Swap magnetos. Trial run - same thing. Back in the shop, checked the engine timing and valve settings. Another trial run - same thing. Rebuilt the carburator, added an inline fuel filter. Trial run - same thing. This time I stop on the slope and look in the fuel tank. Lots of fuel in the back of the tank.

Then it dawns on me. The fuel tank outlet is on the uphill side. I've been runnning out of gas.

Eugene

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sun May 01, 2005 4:54 pm

I have been re-painting our kitchen. The window behind the sink has areas where 3 different colors of paint come together. (wall, ceiling and trim colors) and it is in a very confined area. I had removed an old light fixture and have a new one to replace it with. While painting I accidentally brushed against one of the two wires hanging loose only to find out that whoever installed the light originally had the foresight to switch the neutral wire rather than the hot so guess what! Ol' Bigdog gets a nice electrical shock! I discovered that it is rather difficult to edge freehand immediately after receiving an electrical shock of significant proportion! Seemed like a good time to take a break so the muscles could relax and stop twitching......... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Off Topic

Postby Eugene » Sun May 01, 2005 7:49 pm

Off Topic on class reunions on an Allis Chalmers site. I posted the following:

Well, I went to one reunion. Drove my beat up, unwashed, raggdy, farm/work truck with ladder rack on top, gas cans and tools in the back and parked in the front row next to the entrance. Parked next to the rental cars and high priced toys of self proclaimed rich.

Na, I could have taken the Cadillac. I just wanted to make a statement.

Eugene

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Sun May 01, 2005 8:43 pm

to go with johns welding thing....

never weld without a shirt

my dad had a sunburn on his stomach. there was a line where the helmet was and then a crease in his gut where he was bending over
it was very funny
Image On To Bigger Things

Ken (48 Cub)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40023
Tractors Owned: 1948 FCub
1957 LoBoy

Postby Ken (48 Cub) » Mon May 02, 2005 8:12 am

I had my 48 Cub all painted up and put back together. Just doing some final things to finish her up for Cubarama. She was beautiful! Then when I was standing there with the CLUTCH pedal in hand trying to figure out how it got installed, it hit me what I had done, ouch! :oops: :oops:
Ken, Annie the '48.

I think we gotter if'n she don't jump, Andy Griffith.

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Mon May 02, 2005 8:43 am

:oops: :oops: Changed the oil in an old car I had and noticed a little oil dripping from around hole in the bottom of the bell housing. With the car still running I took a rag slid under the car, put the end of the rag around my finger than stuck my finger up the hole to wipe out the oil. There's a flywheel in there with teeth on it. Took about a quarter inch off the end of my finger. The Doc was able to put it back on but to this day I have no feeling in the end of it. Not too smart! TIP- Never stick your finger in a hole unless you know what's in there!
Always try the easiest thing first.

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Mon May 02, 2005 11:01 am

I don't think that I have ever owned a vehicle that I couldn't get stuck. I always push the envelope for some reason. I was driving the tractor on the overflow end of the pond late one year just to, well I don't remember what I was there for. It couldn't have been too important. Well I got it stuck down to the axles. I believe I was into my cups a little too much so I decided to quit and get it out the following day. The ground froze that night and it was stuck. I tried jacking it out, pulling with another tractor. Nothing could budge it. We had a cold winter that year and it was several weeks later before I could pull it out. I just threw a blanket over him and we waited it out. I forgot how I actually got it out. The spring daisys probably pushed him out. That was a particularly long, hard winter for me.
Larry

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Mon May 02, 2005 11:49 am

Brent Duxbury wrote::oops: :oops: Changed the oil in an old car I had and noticed a little oil dripping from around hole in the bottom of the bell housing. With the car still running I took a rag slid under the car, put the end of the rag around my finger than stuck my finger up the hole to wipe out the oil. There's a flywheel in there with teeth on it. Took about a quarter inch off the end of my finger. The Doc was able to put it back on but to this day I have no feeling in the end of it. Not too smart! TIP- Never stick your finger in a hole unless you know what's in there!

This wasn't me that did this, but I still laugh when I think of it. Two heating guys are on the opposite sides of a partition. They need a hole for a gas line or something. After one guy drills the hole, both look in and see that there are a few chips inside the hole. One guy sticks his finger in to remove them... the other runs the drill back in. The first guy became a bartender! :shock:
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Mon May 02, 2005 11:55 am

Was that after he beat the murder rap?

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Mon May 02, 2005 2:13 pm

Its a well known fact that I can't hit anything with my .22 ...

Saturday evening there were some large havelinas hanging around here. I grabbed my 22 to fire off a shot at about 100 yards... just to scare them away. Plop...200 lb. dead havelina up on the west side of our property :shock: :shock:

What do I do with a 200 lb. dead havelina. Guess I'll let him sun dry :roll:
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon May 02, 2005 4:35 pm

Mike:

Pray tell, what in tarnation is a havelina????

Oh, must be an Arizona possum :!: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Mon May 02, 2005 5:01 pm

Rudi:

Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Mon May 02, 2005 5:01 pm

What do I do with a 200 lb. dead havelina. Guess I'll let him sun dry

Vittles for cubfest?? Should be ripe by then. Country probably has a recipe. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Off Topic”