Switch to full style
Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!

Forum rules

1. Keep it clean.
2. Keep the discussion civil.
3. Name calling is not allowed.

Politics and religion are two topics that tend to degenerate into a violation of one of the three simple rules above.

The mods and the site admin reserve the right to "lock" or "delete" any discussion that in our opinion, is "heading in the wrong direction."

MOST of all, be respectful of your fellow Cubber's opinions. Don't expect to change someones belief system from a simple forum on the internet.
Post a reply

Changing times!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:35 pm

I found this on my niece's Facebook page:

Apparently my phone is not receiving most texts since yesterday evening. If you need to reach me and I don't respond, message me here :)

I guess calling her on her PHONE is out of the question!

Re: Changing times!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:06 pm

My sister sent me a text on my birthday. When I talked to her next on the phone she said "didn't you get my message." I told her I was not home and was down south. She said I sent a text. Oh said I. I use the phone to talk on you should try it sometime. No birthday present from her.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:36 pm

I think most kids today don't actually know how to talk to another person.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:28 pm

I just saw this one posted by the same person. She had ordered a pizza and it was taking to long for her.
At this point I'll eat anything. Its officially been 1 hour and 53 minutes since I ordered and its literally a 3 minute walk from here.

To which a friend of hers replied
That's ridiculous! I'd call n cancel that :censored: ! U can drive to Indianapolis n get pizza in the amount of time its taken them to bring one 2 blocks! That's :censored: !

I guess one figures a three minute walk isn't worth it and the other thinks it would have been better if she had driven 90 miles.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:53 pm

Don McCombs wrote:I think most kids today don't actually know how to talk to another person.

Especially face to face.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:28 pm

When the kids at school really started texting, they all were showing me how to do it. I told them they were regressing, we had something like this years ago. It was called a telegraph but then we got the phone and didn't have to type the words or use the key, just talk. i told them I don't care how fast you can type or text I can say it faster.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:43 am

brichter wrote:When the kids at school really started texting, they all were showing me how to do it. I told them they were regressing, we had something like this years ago. It was called a telegraph but then we got the phone and didn't have to type the words or use the key, just talk. i told them I don't care how fast you can type or text I can say it faster.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:35 am

:) :)

OK, No snide remarks. I was watching Judge Judy the other day at lunch time and she got on the topic or the younger generation and their cell phones. She said, " By the year 4000 the human body will probably be pear shaped and the hands will have six inch thumbs" I think she may be right.
Post a reply