Switch to full style
Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!

Forum rules

1. Keep it clean.
2. Keep the discussion civil.
3. Name calling is not allowed.

Politics and religion are two topics that tend to degenerate into a violation of one of the three simple rules above.

The mods and the site admin reserve the right to "lock" or "delete" any discussion that in our opinion, is "heading in the wrong direction."

MOST of all, be respectful of your fellow Cubber's opinions. Don't expect to change someones belief system from a simple forum on the internet.
Post a reply

Earthquake in Maine

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:07 pm

Hope Dave and family are safe. Ed

Re: Earthquake in Maine

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:57 pm

We felt a bit of a shake here.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:36 pm

We have just checked in to our hotel in Kittery. The tremors apparently had just stopped. They were talking about it at the desk - a number of folks in the motel felt it.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:51 pm

Very noticable here in central NH--sounded/felt like combination of a helicopter hovering right over the house and a super-heavy truck rumbling by. 4.6 on the Richter scale.
Mike

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:10 pm

wow! 4.6 is pretty strong for the shield.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:33 am

CubitisNH wrote:Very noticable here in central NH--sounded/felt like combination of a helicopter hovering right over the house and a super-heavy truck rumbling by. 4.6 on the Richter scale.
Mike

Sorry , I just opened this thread very late. I was in two Earthquakes in the Washington DC area recently . Like you said, I thought a helicopter was landing or crashing on the roof. The second one ( epicenter Mineral Va.) was even worse. Very strange for the east coast area.
(I think someone is not happy with us)

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:53 am

Mr Ziffel wrote:Sorry , I just opened this thread very late. I was in two Earthquakes in the Washington DC area recently . Like you said, I thought a helicopter was landing or crashing on the roof. The second one ( epicenter Mineral Va.) was even worse. Very strange for the east coast area.
(I think someone is not happy with us)

Ya think? And can you blame HIM?

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:24 am

Not at all.
Post a reply