What I learned today.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:43 pm

When laying under the ZTR to clean the 2 month old (been that long since it rained enough to need to mow) dried grass and dirt from under the deck of your mower, keep your mouth shut, that stuff tastes awful. :oops:

Re: What I learned today.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:45 pm

John,

Thanks for the belly laugh!!!!!

Bill

Re: What I learned today.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:49 pm

I thought the older we get the smarter we are suspposed to be.

Re: What I learned today.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:50 pm

I hear tell that Mike can park his cub in such a manner that you don't have to lay under it to clean the blades. That so, Mike? :lol: :lol:

Re: What I learned today.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:25 pm

Good one, John. :D :D

Re: What I learned today.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:39 pm

:big afro: :lol:

Re: What I learned today.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:41 pm

John:

Where do you get the ideas for this material :?: :? :lol: That was funny :big smile:

I take my deck off to clean it, a lot easier than trying to crawl under a JD deck :wink:

Re: What I learned today.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:25 pm

John, you know, this forum wouldn't be near as interesting or entertaining if you weren't on it!! Keep sharing you life with us, we love it. :lol: :lol:

Re: What I learned today.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:45 pm

Rudi wrote:John:

Where do you get the ideas for this material :?: :? :lol: That was funny :big smile:

I take my deck off to clean it, a lot easier than trying to crawl under a JD deck :wink:

Real Life. I raise the front up about 2 feet with the engine hoist.

Re: What I learned today.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:50 am

Mr E wrote:I hear tell that Mike can park his cub in such a manner that you don't have to lay under it to clean the blades. That so, Mike? :lol: :lol:


Yes John lot easier this way.

Image

Re: What I learned today.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:58 am

I assume you were just looking things over to make sure all was ok in that picture Mike, since the bottom of the deck looks pretty clean. I suspect the seat may need cleaning though. I missed that post, hope you are ok other than scared.

Re: What I learned today.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:07 am

Wow! ... sure hope you are ok Mike. Must have missed that one too....

Re: What I learned today.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:03 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:When laying under the ZTR to clean the 2 month old (been that long since it rained enough to need to mow) dried grass and dirt from under the deck of your mower, keep your mouth shut, that stuff tastes awful. :oops:

BTDT :!: Last time I changed the oil in my L&G tractor I had the hood up blowing the dust and dirt out of everywhere. The battery terminals had some corrosion and I hit that with the air hose. That tastes even worse than dried grass and dirt. :big sick: :brainfart:

Re: What I learned today.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:52 pm

One can only speculate what part the old power pole played in this picture.
Hope you are OK Mike.
I think I would tell everyone that Issac did that to my cub.
Take care
Roy

Re: What I learned today.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:48 pm

Here is Mike's story from June 2010 - Who says I can't Jump

A good reminder that a Cub will heel over pretty quick.

Peter